Page 8 of 300 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Mike, I will keep good thoughts for you and your family. Your brother certainly has the fighting spirit in him though.

Well if you all recall the "event" that precipitated my little Eagles concert adventure last month... I had a follow-up test this week. Unfortunately as much as I had hoped the thing would have vanished it didn't. So that means surgery and evaluation. They are trying to squeeze me into the surgeon's schedule for a consult in the next couple of weeks. I am trying not to freak out about the whole thing but its certainly pretty much front and center in my mind right now.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Oh Cami--- Keeping the positive thoughts and good karma coming your way!!! Please keep us posted and know we are all thinking about you!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Good Vibes your way Cami!

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes Cami. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way. Keep your chin up and plan for the best.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Big hugs to you, Cami! Here's hoping the surgeon can fit you in soon. Keep us updated.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Cami! Good vibes coming from me too. Hope this gets sorted soon. Mike I'm thinking of your family and your brother. He is certainly a fighter. I know all these ups and downs are difficult for your family (We are going through a similar situation with an Uncle of mine) but hang in there. You are all doing the best you can for him.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

You're in my prayers, too, Cami!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

WT, you are in my thoughts and prayers!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    My good news is that I finally got my chest - undamaged! When I emailed the customer service rep to inquire what I should do with the damaged one (still boxed) she said to throw it out or donate it. When we opened it the only damage was a hole in the back, which no one will ever see. It looks great in my dining room!

The bedroom is almost finished. Taking my time to find artwork for the walls.
    Cathy, I'm glad that you were able to find a place for the damaged chest. You seem so crafty with all that you're doing with this room. I bet it all looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    Yes, it was only the battery they was empty,luckily nothing serious! Because this mostly means also expensive! We had connected the car the whole night on a battery charger, now it runs again without problems!
    I've been there before, Koala. A few years ago, I was leaving Walmart in an older car that I had back then and it wouldn't start. Turned out that the battery was completely fried. I was stranded for about an hour or so but thankfully a friend that is very knowledgeable about car repair came to the rescue. I have no idea what goes on under the hood of my car. I only know how to drive and put gas in, that's pretty much it...oh and I know how to air up the tires too.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    We have ahd beautiful weather the last few days, its putting everyone in a great mood. AND its due to last for at least a fortnight! Thats a better summer than we had last year already.
    I've never been to Ireland before but it sounds lovely there. It's getting hotter and hotter here in OK everyday. Summer is definitely here.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    I HATE LIFE RIGHT NOW~!!~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh no, EL!! I hope everything's ok. Whatever the reason you feel that way, I hope it'll all work out for the better very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    We've been on this rollercoaster with Johnny for the past two years. I shouldn't be surprised at anything he does. He's obviously a tough fighter.
    Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about Johnny's recent stroke but i'm glad to learn that he is awake and doing even a little bit better. He is definitely a fighter. God Bless him! I'll be praying for him and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Well if you all recall the "event" that precipitated my little Eagles concert adventure last month... I had a follow-up test this week. Unfortunately as much as I had hoped the thing would have vanished it didn't. So that means surgery and evaluation. They are trying to squeeze me into the surgeon's schedule for a consult in the next couple of weeks. I am trying not to freak out about the whole thing but its certainly pretty much front and center in my mind right now.
    Oh, Cami!! I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I'm hoping and praying for the best for you. Please keep us updated. We're all here for you!! Stay strong, my friend. I have faith that everything will work out just fine.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Jess,

I'm relieved to know that you are a competent driver and that you have conquered the task of filling up the gas tank. And besides all that, you have mastered airing up the tires! What a gal!

My daughter called me Thursday night. She had stopped at Hobby Lobby and the car wouldn't start and she had Megan and Miles with her. I jumped into the car. Dad to the rescue. Just needed a jump...battery freaked out and blew a cell. Just needed a new one. The old one was the original that came in the car 6 or 7 years ago. They don't last forever.

She asked if there was anything else she needed to do. She takes it in regularly for oil changes. I asked her how long it had been since she had changed the air in her tires? She had NEVER done that! My goodness...do you KNOW the damage that not changing the air can cause?

MikeA