Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toronto 6/8/2010

Last edited by Koala; 07-08-2010 at 12:36 PM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Default Re: Toronto 6/8/2010

Wow... so they dropped everything off LROOE except How Long and basically killed the whole acoustic section.

Thanks Koala

Stuck on the Border

That is what I thought they would do. Nice of them to include How Long, though. Also interesting that TITTL was moved up.

But it is an extremely safe and conservative setlist for this leg. And that stretch between OOTN and Heartache Tonight does not make pleasant reading for Glenn fans. He should not go that long without a lead. All those Henley and Walsh SOLO songs - reading it like this it emphasises that too much. It would appear, however, that those songs are now untouchable.

On further reflection at least Glenn has thrown something to his fans (although let's face it, he did not have much left to drop). All he has dropped is NMCD. But Tim fans.... Tim at least sings EAGLES songs, although I am not personally a fan of the two which were dropped.

Tim fans have every right to wonder why they should be asked to sit through what looks like 90 minutes of the Chicks just for this, just to hear those solo songs yet again.

I am going to say it - give me Long Road Out Of Eden and Waiting In The Weeds over Dirty Laundry & Walk Away, any time. I just would not drop Eagles songs, although there are a a couple that I think could be dispensed with.

But this is all par for the course. We have seen this before and will no doubt see it again.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-09-2010 at 04:21 AM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

Tim fans have every right to wonder why they should be asked to sit through what looks like 90 minutes of the Chicks just for this, just to hear those solo songs yet again.

I just would not drop Eagles songs, although there are a a couple that I think could be dispensed with.
    I will go a step further and admit I'm glad I have not shelled out $$ for this setlist--especially at those prices! I wonder if they will drop more once KU hits the road with them?

You are spot on FP about the whole dropping Eagles songs. It's almost the Joe Walsh with special guest solo show! I love Joe's songs....all of them but seriously, dropping Eagles tunes and keeping all of Joe's solo songs? I just don't get it!

And what's up with Natalie's shaved head? Does anyone who knows anything about them know how long she's been sporting that look and WHY?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I agree. Even as a Joe fan I would be satisfied with Walk Away and In The City. Drop Funk 49 and LBG and insert Eagles songs.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Okay, after reading the review, I do not think I could sit through the chicks at all. Just reading about them annoys me.

As for the guys... as mentioned, too many solo efforts and not enough Eagles. Listen, I love BOS, LBG, DL, F49... but almost a 1/3 of the set is solo material. If I wanted solo, I'd go to a solo show. I want EAGLES and EAGLES songs. Not to mention, if they HAVE to do solo songs, why can't they throw Tim a bone and play something off Expando?

Yes, I know, we are never satisfied... but really, 6 out of 21 songs are solo. That leaves us 15 Eagles songs. It's just dissappointing I guess. I mean, I know it will be a blast for anyone who does go to these shows. How can seeing the guys be anything less than great? It's just sad we don't get more Eagles, that's all.

Thumbs down Re: Toronto 6/8/2010

As a TimmyB fan this is what I think-
    This is the exact same set they did for StageCoach. I expect when KU hooks up with them they'll just start earlier but do the same set. What's left to cut?

Hate to beat a dead horse but I have no idea why they are even doing these country-fried stadium shows to begin with. Irving you should have asked me. I'd a told ya!

I think I need another cup of coffee.

Timmy-I know "your plate is full" and, all that, but one song does not make for a "Great Day."

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Well I was there last night and it was good show, not a great one. However there was a suprise opening act BEFORE the Dixie Chicks. This was JD and the Straight Shot. They were pretty good. I especially like one of their songs ( I wish I could remember the name) It was a song JD wrote for his wife after she had their baby. It was really sweet. Then the Dixie Chicks came up. Now I was waiting for one song and one song only and near the end I finally got my wish . They sang Not Ready To Make Nice; which is the one DC song I know and actually love!

So lots of scurrying around once the Chicks were done and FINALLY the Eagles are up! Fashion report: Glenn in the pink Shirt ( from F1) open with a white t shirt and blue jeans, Don in a light greyshirt and jeans, Joe in a black jacket the shirt with the design (that we've seen recently) and black jeans and Tim in a grey shirt and black jeans. It was amazing to hear SBR Live for the first time ever! I am disapointed (though not suprised) that they have dropped all the Long Road songs except How Long. I was also saddened to see them drop LWKUA. I guess they really are becoming a tribute to themselves.

Anyway there was nothing particularly magicial about the show last night. It seemed very rushed, very little talking between songs, Don never spoke to the audience the whole evening, Joe only spoke once (before LBG) Tim only spoke to intro Glenn and say thank you after ICTYW. Both the Plaintiff and credit card joke were gone and Glenn only told the Dan tana's story (his only story/joke of the night for him)

Glenn continues to have some vocal troubles but he sounded great on my fav Lying Eyes. Every one else sounded just fine. Henley's Desperado was amazing (other than the drunk lady in front of me screaming out during the whole thing lol) Something else Joe didn't change any of the words to LBG like he usually does....

I did get up to the side of the stage for the encores which is always fun! I truly feel this was my goodbye to the Eagles live and I am very glad I went to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Okay, after reading the review, I do not think I could sit through the chicks at all. Just reading about them annoys me.
    Amen to that one sistah! Shaved head. Shee-Bop! That is soo Britney.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

TF, your review is so bittersweet. So happy that you were able to see them, but so sad you feel this is their farewell. While you must have had a good time, you sound a tad disappointed.

How did they sound? Great as usual? Did you get any pics?