Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Toronto 6/8/2010

Default Re: Toronto 6/8/2010

I'm satisfied with the current set list too. Who am I to complain? I'm not even going to a show. I thought this was all just for the sake of discussion.

So let me add JFTSOD, that even though I am elated that the Eagles put out LROOE, when I listen to it, with the exception of How Long, none of the songs impact me like the former songs do. I think for me it's about my youth and what was going on in my life at the time I heard the Eagles songs. They are a band of my past, as all of my favorites are, and the LROOE songs have not had the time it takes to become soundtracks of my life. For that reason only, I am not disappointed that they have dropped the 'new' songs from the set list.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Who am I to complain? I'm not even going to a show. I thought this was all just for the sake of discussion.

Point well taken because either am I so I also should not complain, but you know I will. And you're right this is only a discussion. And, I'm trying not to beat a dead horse but....

So let me add JFTSOD, that even though I am elated that the Eagles put out LROOE, when I listen to it, with the exception of How Long, none of the songs impact me like the former songs do. I think for me it's about my youth and what was going on in my life at the time I heard the Eagles songs. They are a band of my past, as all of my favorites are, and the LROOE songs have not had the time it takes to become soundtracks of my life. For that reason only, I am not disappointed that they have dropped the 'new' songs from the set list.
    I can understand that completely. Most Eagles songs are the soundtrack of my life also. I can pretty much remember when most of these albums came out tho I was very young. But I get to, bittersweet tho it is, include LROOE in that soundtrack. As dramatic as it may sound, that album came out just when I needed it most. The day that album came out and I received it in the mail, it became my constant companion for those daily 45 minute one way trips to my parents home while my Dad was ill. My father died 2 weeks later. I remember that it came out when my father was so ill and died but I also can credit it as making things a bit easier on me because it gave me such great pleasure on those trips back and forth and probably kept me awake on many of the late night trips. I agree with you Cathy. I really think had it not been for that event happening in my life at that particular time, it might not have been special, for lack of a better word, to me either. Tho I do LOVE several of the songs. Besides, it came out on Timothy's birthday--BONUS!!!!

That being said, like I said earlier, the dropping of the LROOE songs really doesn't bother me that much.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Yeah I get what you are saying but them dropping the LROOE songs doesn't really bother me like I know it bothers some others. I guess my biggest compaint about it all is that the solo works of Joe Walsh are so plentiful when great Eagles songs like AG, BOML & NKIT are not. I LOVE Joe--don't get me wrong but it's an EAGLES show not a Joe Walsh show and I'd feel the same way if it was all Don, Glenn or even Timothy . I know he fires up the crowd, yadda, yadda...I get that, but I get pretty damned fired up also when I hear my favorite Eagles songs.
    I agree. Even when I saw them for the first time in 1995, at one point during the second half of the show when they'd done several solo songs, I looked at my friend and said that I was ready for them to get back to doing Eagles songs. At this point, I'm resigned to the fact that they're always going to do a large number of solo songs though.

Stuck on the Border

I think people know that I absolutely love the LROOE album and so yes, it bothers me when those songs are dropped as if they don't mean anything. They mean something to me (even if, frankly, I think a couple of the weaker tracks were being played).

I basicallyl endorse LTL's post. Ironically it was Glenn who made the 'tribute to ourselves' comment - Glenn, who has no compunction about dropping his own lead vocals wholesale while leaving those solo songs alone.

Thanks for the reviews, Koala and TF!

Kath, I'm glad you had a good time and thank you for all the details as well as finding the video.

I'm thrilled to see them doing SBR still and keeping TITTL! We all knew the setlist would have to be shortened going into this, so I'm hardly outraged by the cuts, even if I do wish there were fewer solo songs.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Another great video; My fav Eagles song!

Lyin' Eyes

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9RB5cJoBfU[/ame]

Thanks for the videos, TF!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I found a good video of Life's Been Good [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDedv-UA3o[/ame]
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thanks Koala! Look at his hair as he runs across the stage at about 3:33. And the Chuck Berry move? Freakin' adorable!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I know - gotta love the duckwalk!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten