Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toronto 6/8/2010

Default Re: Toronto 6/8/2010

Thanks for the review TF. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well Kath--very very glad you went if you believe it's the last.

But, when I see a review from a huge Eagles fan that starts out "and it was good show, not a great one", that speaks volumes to me.

What was the thinking on this? I really can't wait to see more reviews come in from other shows to see if anything changes and what everyone else thinks. Am I just being to critical? Is it just me? I'm very disappointed about them doing this which probably doesn't make much sense, especially since I never intended to go anyways...but still...I just can't get my mind around this whole thing.

ETA: Note to Timothy---when you get off of this ride....PLEASE DO MORE SOLO SHOWS SO WE CAN HEAR YOU SING AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE!! I love you Timothy, and I desperately want to see you perform at a level I know you're capable of. You deserve it!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    TF, your review is so bittersweet. So happy that you were able to see them, but so sad you feel this is their farewell. While you must have had a good time, you sound a tad disappointed.

How did they sound? Great as usual? Did you get any pics?
    I'm not dissapointed actually cause I went in with lower expectations (knowing that if they were shortening the show they must be struggling some) I also realised that as the first show doing this new form it was going to be a bit bumpy and it was. The only thing i am disapointed in but not really suprised is that they have dropped almost all the new material but also the HFO material.... The dropping of LWKUA did suprise me actually.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks tf! I'm sorry the show wasn't great, but that you did have a good time.

I agree with everyone else about them dropping the solo songs and doing Eagles songs. Especially with the shortened set list. I'm glad I didn't spend the big bucks for my ticket for St. Louis.

As for Natalie's hair, in one of the interviews with her and Glenn her hair was cropped very short, but not shaved. I have to agree it looked much better long.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well Kath, I'm glad you got to go to the show, and it's great that you enjoyed yourself. Hopefully, this won't be your last show though.

However, I'm may be the lone disenter here, but I think that's an awesome set list. It is almost impossible to please everyone. On one hand we complain because they don't play just Eagles songs, and on the other hand we don't want them to become a tribute to themselves. They have to play songs that the majority of fans recognize, and they want the show to rock at the end. About the last third of that set list is seemingly 'untouchable' since it has consistently been in the set list in virtually the same order since the HFO resumption. Honestly, I think they must be doing something right since they continue to be one of the top touring acts in the world.

Now, does that mean I wouldn't like to hear other songs - of course, I would. I'd prefer to hear their entire catalog. But seriously, if I could change a few things, I would replace Walk Away with Already Gone. And as much as I love Peaceful Easy Feeling, Lyin' Eyes, and Witchy Woman, I would gladly alternate them occasionally with Tequila Sunrise, New Kid In Town, and Wasted Time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    ETA: Note to Timothy---when you get off of this ride....PLEASE DO MORE SOLO SHOWS SO WE CAN HEAR YOU SING AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE!! I love you Timothy, and I desperately want to see you perform at a level I know you're capable of. You deserve it!!!!
    I'm with yah sista!

And I do truly believe that Timothy will tour more and THAT'S what I will be putting my moulah towards!

If Henley is scheduling solo dates in Sept. then hopefully Timmy will too. I'm keeping my ear to the ground and wishfully keeping my fingers, eyes, and even toes crossed.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Btw for future shows attendees; The Eagles took the stage at 8:45 and played for 2 hours straight, no break. The opening acts played for 1 hour each.

Thanks for the review, Kath. I'm sorry to hear that Glenn appeared to be having vocal issues. Maybe I was just completely caught up in the whole San Jose experience when I saw them, but I didn't get the idea that Glenn was struggling at all (although I know the critics have been commenting on his voice for months.) I'm pleased you were able to go in the end, although it's a shame you didn't get to hear the acoustic set.

Having said the above, I am inclined to agree with Dreamer's comments about the set list. I understand the various complaints and questions that have been raised in here and in other threads but, as Kay said, it's impossible to please everyone. Although I would much rather see a 'pure Eagles' show, I can imagine that this was a great chance to see two bands for people who aren't hardcore Eagles fans. I imagine that many who attended would have been thrilled with the set list - for the Eagles to play two hours straight (after the audience had already had two hours of music) is great. Most concerts only last a couple of hours anyway.

I can understand why 'us hardcores' wouldn't necessarily pay to see the Eagles with another band, because we know we're going to get a shorter set list than the one we are used to... but for many people, it's a great experience. Although the idea of seeing the Dixie Chicks doesn't thrill me personally, I get a kick out of hearing that the Eagles are doing different things. People complain that they never change things up and that they come off as too serious/aloof... and then they complain when they share the stage with other, younger bands. I say good on 'em! It may not have worked out to everyone's tastes, but I still like the fact that they are trying it.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

In terms of Glenn's vocal issues it was not just me who noticed it. As we were leaving the arena (that took awhile 40 thousand people trying to leave all at once not fun!) I spoke to a few people around me and as we talked they mentioned that they felt Glenn had struggled vocally.