Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: One of These Nights

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: One of These Nights

I vote for Lyin' Eyes
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

This could have easily gone another way. Whitcap could have made TMH immune the last round instead of TITTL, and it would have ended up in the final three. I cringe to think of the comments that would have caused!

I'm going to vote later.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    No obscuring going on here. Folks are just making a great deal of sport over a certain opinion that only one person playing the game actually subscribes to. In the end, I daresay no one is changing his/her vote over it; Lyin' Eyes will rise or fall on its own merits, as will the other two.

And hey, it's just a game
    ! If people disagree with my opinions, I don't hate on 'em, I just pity their lack of taste. (For those without a sense of humor, the preceding sentence was a joke).

There are no more immunity questions, LTL.
    I'm still giggling about this post three or four pages ago!! Geesh--ain't it the truth!!!

As expected, these 3 songs are remaining and I have to agree with Freypower---I really don't care which one wins. LOVE all three of these songs. That being said, I have always (or at least for the last 25 years or so) proclaimed that TITTL is my favorite Eagles song ever. 99% of the time, I guess I still feel that way but my favorite honestly could be any of over a half dozen songs any more. It changes with my mood now days.

I guess I will vote for the one that I think will probably go down this round anyways. To be honest the only reason it is just a smidgen less appealing to me is it sounds the most "country" (and in the back of my mind, I hear my husband saying "you know they're country right?").

My vote this round is for Lyin' Eyes.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thankfully, the remaining three are what they should be. I love each of them, but

I vote for Take It To The Limit to leave this game next.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I Vote for Lyin' Eyes
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

I love the remaining songs, and I think it's absolutely right that they are the final three. I don't want to vote for any of them but, with regret, I'll go for Take It To The Limit.

It's a gorgeous song and I adore the way the guys perform it now in concert, but in the presence of OOTN and Lyin' Eyes, I guess it just loses out. OOTN is sexy. I love Don's vocals and the lyrics, and I can't help thinking what a brave, 'different' kind of song it is for the Eagles. Sexy and funky... Those first chords get me every time.

Lyin' Eyes has grown on me tremendously in the past few years. At first, it wasn't one of my favourites, but now I freakin' LOVE it. The first time I heard it live (in Birmingham) made me appreciate it a lot more. The audience knew every word and it had a real nostalgic feel to it. I love that it has quite a country sound, and I love the story-telling aspect of the song. Glenn's vocals are smooth and absolutely perfect for the song. As Jess hinted - we also have special feelings towards it after the San Jose show. Glenn really made it incredible for us that night. If we weren't in love with Lyin' Eyes before that show, we absolutely were afterwards!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Like you, my love for a song got amped up at San Jose - but it was for "Take It to the Limit"! Geez guys! Of course, that's always been my favorite one anyway. Last time we played this game TITTL didn't even make it to the final round. I will be really disappointed if that happens again! It is not only my favorite Eagles songs, but one of my favorites EVER!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I vote for Lyin' Eyes
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

My vote is for Lyin' eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    As Jess hinted - we also have special feelings towards it after the San Jose show. Glenn really made it incredible for us that night. If we weren't in love with Lyin' Eyes before that show, we absolutely were afterwards!
    I'm pretty sure Lyin' Eyes wasn't the only thing we loved after that show . Glenn is quite the charmer during the concerts.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."