Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: East Rutherford, NJ 6-10-2010

Last edited by Koala; 07-08-2010 at 12:59 PM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: East Rutherford, NJ 6-10-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    Henley’s snare remains as crisp as a Granny Smith in autumn.
    Sorry but I just thought that was funny. Poor Don--That's why you should show us that pretty smile of yours more.

Rhythm guitarist Frey is, nominally, the bandleader; paradoxically, he’s the most inessential Eagle, something underscored, and painfully, by his solo career. His casual misogyny hasn’t faded, sad to say -- he still refers to his ex-wife as “plaintiff." It is, apparently, a joke he uses all the time; other, more litigious parts of the country might find it funnier than Jersey does.
    Oh oh!!! This will not sit well with a few Borderers and for good reason!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Sorry but I just thought that was funny. Poor Don--That's why you should show us that pretty smile of yours more.
    I think they're talking about his drum there, but your "snare" post is pretty funny!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I think they're talking about his drum there, but your "snare" post is pretty funny!
    But it just cracked me up because we are always talking about him not smiling!!! I had to read it twice and couldn't resist. Admittedly, it could be taken either way. Hey-Granny Smith apples are pretty sour also!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Oh oh!!! This will not sit well with a few Borderers and for good reason!
    And for good reason is right - because this critic is an idiot. I guess this person doesn't realize that Glenn is so unessential that the band wouldn't exist without him. But honestly, remarks like this are really not too worthy of commenting on at all.

However, this is the kind of perception that is created when Glenn decides to minimize his role to the extent that he has lately. But, let's not get me started.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Unhappy Re: East Rutherford, NJ 6-10-2010

I'm not a big Glenn fan but I must say, I'd hardly call him a "woman-hater" because he made one negative comment about his ex-wife. I diss my ex sometimes too-it's par for the course for ex-spouses to do that. Come on! Doesn't make me a man-hater. In fact the opposite is the case. I love men especially TimmyB (if you happen to be reading this-"Hi Baby.")

Also, who edited the piece and let the following slide by: If Glenn is the "nominal" (in name only) band leader then, why is it a "paradox" that he is "inessential?" Huh? Lastly, the sentence should read-"something painfully underscored by his solo career" or even "(painfully) underscored by his solo career."

The writer is obviously more concerned about throwing around big words than anything else which is a common mistake of writers that are out to impress their audience, as opposed to, writing about the event itself.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Border Desperado

I can see where the misogyny comment comes from with some of Glenn's jokes - not just the "plaintiff" one but the wife/ex-wife credit card joke that sometimes precedes TITL. I've cringed when I heard them, mainly because I felt that he was better than those "take my wife, please" type jokes.

If the writer feels that Glenn is inessential (with which I disagree), I don't even want to know how he feels about Timothy who he didn't even include in his little breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    I'm not a big Glenn fan but I must say, I'd hardly call him a "woman-hater" because he made one negative comment about his ex-wife. :bricwall: I diss my ex sometimes too-it's par for the course for ex-spouses to do that. Come on! Doesn't make me a man-hater. In fact the opposite is the case. I love men especially TimmyB (if you happen to be reading this-"Hi Baby.")

Also, who edited the piece and let the following slide by: If Glenn is the "nominal" (in name only) band leader then, why is it a "paradox" that he is "inessential?" Huh? Lastly, the sentence should read-"something painfully underscored by his solo career" or even "(painfully) underscored by his solo career."

The writer is obviously more concerned about throwing around big words than anything else which is a common mistake of writers that are out to impress their audience, as opposed to, writing about the event itself.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal
    Last edited by tbsfan; 06-11-2010 at 11:13 PM.

The Long Run [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ0TgaIFbAw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Life's Been Good [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPUuZcPFpHQ[/ame]
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I have only watched part of these so far but just had to ask.....Where did these come from? These look professionally done? What's going on? And I love the "oh oh" at the beginning of LBG.

The guy was smart enough to film the screens instead of the stage. How many times have I wished desperately that people sitting far back wouldn't attempt to film the stage with the guys all teeny tiny, but aim their camera at those nice big screens right there above them.

LOVE those videos! Thanks for finding them! If only they were in sync, they'd be perfect!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten