Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis, 6-24-2010

Last edited by Koala; 07-08-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: St. Louis, 6, 24, 2010

Hey, I made it back!

I'm working on my review, but it's taking me so long! Just a tidbit, it was a great show. The guys were in fine form!

Here's a taste:

As you can see, I was way back! More later!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

A bit more:

Well, it was an awesome show! The guys looked and sounded great and seemed to be in great spirits.

My friend and I got in to St. Louis about 4 pm, parked across the street from Busch Stadium and went to get something to eat about 2 blocks away. It was a perfect evening for an outdoor concert. Beautiful blue sky with just a few puffy white clouds floating up high.

Before I left home I had gotten an email that the shows would be starting at 6:30 instead of 6, so we had plenty of time. We made our way in to the stadium and found our seats in the B section on the field. I was mildly disappointed, but could see the screens allright while seated. There were 5 A sections in front of 5 B sections, so there were tons of people in front of us.

Dixie Chicks

They finally came out at about 7:15. I don't know what happened, but I kind of think they were waiting for the sun to get down behind the stadium so it wouldn't be in their faces.

They sounded great and the sisters Martie and Emily looked beautiful. Natalie is a very pretty girl, but that hair is awful! I can't imagine what possessed her to cut it so short. Interesting that the sisters have formed a band without Natalie, because she sang lead on all the songs. I'm going to have to check that out. The crowd enjoyed it, but most stayed seated till the last song.

Eagles

The crowd thickened and I was pretty amazed at how full the stadium was getting as we waited for the main event. Looking around, there were people way up in the very highest seats! Now, if I have to sit up there at a concert, I'm staying home and watching on dvd! Finally, at about 8:45, the lights went down and the crowd roared as the guys took the stage.

I'm like, be quiet people, you're going to miss this song! Even though it was the shortened version, it was just gorgeous! Hearing Seven Bridges Road live, shortened version, was the highlight of the night for me since I'd not heard it live before. Maybe I did back in the '70's, but I don't remember that one! When everyone quieted down, I was in heaven!

The guys looked fantastic. I didn't get my purple shirt on Glenn, but the fushia one with the white t underneath and jeans looked wonderful anyway. Don had on his black & brown plaid one and jeans. Tim had on a short sleeved black button up shirt with jeans and Joe had on his black Ramones t and jeans. After a couple songs, he came back with a long black jacket on over it. I didn't quite get that, as it was pretty warm, but you know how they are!

Glenn didn't do any of his usual jokes, but did personalize it with a "Hello, St. Louis" and "it's great to be at Albert Pujols house and that they had drank more Budweiser than any other band in the past 35 years!" For anyone that doesn't know, Albert Pujols is the King of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team. The crowd loved those cracks!

I'd love to finish this, but I've got a busy day today, so I'm going to have to do more later. Sorry!

Sorry you were so far back but it sounds like you had fun anyway. I'm glad you could hear SBR nice and clearly. It really is a highlight for us hardcores. Thanks for this bit - I'm looking forward to the rest!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm looking forward to the rest!
    Me too!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm glad you could hear SBR nice and clearly. It really is a highlight for us hardcores.
    Ain't that the truth!! It gave me goosebumps when I first heard/saw it performed live.

Brooke, glad you had a great time. We all knew you would. Can't wait to read the rest of your review.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

A little more,

First of all, much to my despair, when everyone stood up for the opener I realized that I wasn't going to be able to see much. The video screens were down too low, about stage height only taller of course. I kept thinking during or after the DC played they would raise them, but it never happened. And if I stood on my tiptoes, I could barely see the guys on the stage! My friend was shorter than me, so she couldn't really see much either. And everyone on the ground stood for the whole show! This was one time I might have wished everyone would sit.......but not really. A nice man beside us told us we could move over on the other side of him since there was no one in the seat in front of him and we could see better. We tried that but we noticed that some people were standing in the aisle, so we decided to do that and move forward as far as we could. Security was letting people stand there as long as the aisle wasn't completely cut off. So, up we went to the first row in that section. That helped, but we could still barely see the band. So in that aspect, I was really disappointed. I won't go again without better tickets. I know I hate paying the prices they charge, but you might as well stay home and watch on tv if you have to watch the screen the whole time. If you can see it! For all the effort we put in to go, taking off work, driving for 2 1/2 hours through awful traffic, parking, eating, and then doing the drive home again, nope, I'll have a better seat next time. The people in the rafters probably could see better than we could. I know I was leary of going to a stadium show and now I know why. I also heard that they were selling tickets on the floor for $99 that day and I guess it worked because the place was really nearly full.

The show sounded great. The guys were really in a good mood and looked fantastic. They were all pretty much drenched in sweat by the time it was over, but a beautiful night. Before The Long Run, Don came on and mentioned that they had been together for 40 years next year and that it had been a long run! The crowd liked that.

I'm not going to go through each song, I can't really remember much other than they sounded wonderful and there's not really anything new to tell. The review that Koala posted has it pretty much right. And it was ok to just hear most of the classics along with How Long. But I would want to hear a complete LROOE set list next time. My friend wondered why they didn't do Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone. I told her I wondered the same thing.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well Brooke - it sounds like you enjoyed yourself in spite of the fact that you weren't in preferred seating. Next time you'll do better, I'm sure. But it was fun reading your review anyway, and it seems like it was a pretty good show overall.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm sorry you couldn't see well - what a shame the screens were so low! But I'm so glad you made the best of it and enjoyed the experience anyway!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Live and learn, huh Brooke? The first time I saw them was Chicago 2008, Floor row 20. Although I didn't have anyone blocking my view, I felt the same as you. If I'm going to the trouble of going I want better seats! Next time (last time) we saw them was Indianapolis 2009, floor row 2. Ahhh, much better!

But, glad you got to go to the show and had a good time!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.