Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bernie's family

Default Re: Bernie's family

Here are a couple videos of Bernie's brother Tom with Mudcrutch

He's singing lead on this one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-PfRRmeV0[/ame]

He sings lead in this one for about 10 seconds (:50-1:00) but the quality is better

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWD-0trigeg&feature=related[/ame]

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Thanks for those, whitcap. I never would have guessed that was Tom Leadon from looks or vocal timbre when compared to Bernie.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Here's a video of the Leadon Family Band

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIc7NNg1AVc[/ame]

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Out on the Border

Does anyone know how to reach Bernie? His father Bernie Sr and my father in law Richard Wilson traveled from MN to CA in 1939. I have Bernie's fathers memory book with pictures of that trip. I met Bernie and his father at my father in laws house in the 80's.

Carol

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Hi Carol - that is very cool that you have Bernie's father's memory book - I'm sure he would like to have it.

Since nobody else has replied, I thought I'd chime in. I think your best chance of making contact would be to photocopy a few pages of the book and include them with a letter describing what you have and who you are. You should make it as professional looking as possible - i.e. not handwritten. You should be clear that you are just looking for a safe place to send the book, where it will be delivered to Bernie, and that you're not trying to meet him or speak to him and that you don't expect anything in return. Let them know that an e-mail confirmation from his assistant will suffice to confirm the address, and include your e-mail. Then tell the assistant to look for the package via FedEx, from you.

That's about the best scenario, unless you want to try to deliver it at a show, which could work if you can get to the right person and include a nice note.

You should send your letter and photocopies of the book pages to:

Bernie Leadon
    c/o ETC [I think this stands for Eagles Touring Company or similar]
    1100 Glendon Ave., Suite 2000
    Los Angeles, CA 90024

This is the address Timothy's assistant gave to send him cards and I've seen it elsewhere as well.

Good luck!!

Well, Bernie might not receive mail there, since he isn't part of the Eagles Recording or Touring Company - the official organization. It would be like sending mail for me to my co-worker and hoping the co-worker gets it to me.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I'm not telling her to just stick it in the mail to that address and hope that someone gives it to him, I'm saying that's the first place she could reach out in order to try to get a good address for him, where someone will acknowledge they'll be on the lookout for the package, accept it, and get it to him. I'm sure someone in the Eagles organization knows how to contact Bernie Leadon's representatives and how to get correspondence to him.

If anyone has a better suggestion, have at it. I'm sure enough research could reveal his own lawyer/manager/agent/label.

I read, before Bernie started touring with the band again, that he had gotten married. Can't remember where I read it or if it's true...

See posts #51 & #52 in this thread: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...le+kids&page=6