Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Houston 6-27-2010

Default Re: Houston 27-6-2010

The coolest thing about What's-His-Name is he clearly doesn't take any of this stuff for granted. And I'd like to think the others don't either. Not any more, at least. Egos aside, they are all lucky to be where they are, and I want very much to believe they realize it and are grateful.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That's right, I love Jim Shmidt!

nnhgirl--I'd like to think so also but I doubt it. JMO tho.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    "Ok, now Glenn, Joe and What's Your Name, step back into the shadows so Mr. Henley can get ready for the big finish, and hold that really long note."

Actually, I don't think I've ever paid much attention to that before but this video really makes it look very obvious doesn't it?

I've always loved the way What's His Name waves so big for the whole crowd and is still waving even after he's come down off the steps. He loves his fans!!
    I don't want to upset anyone but as with The Long Run the 'backing band' thing is overwhelming during this song. Henley already sings the majority of the songs. Why does it have to be overemphasised in this way? When I first saw the band and he played drums on it while Glenn played piano it made sense. It was the EAGLES playing it.

Anyway to me Take It Easy is just as deserving of a 'big finish' and it is not even the second last song. The band have TWO lead singers, not one, 'chief vocalist' or not.
    Last edited by Freypower; 07-01-2010 at 06:24 PM.

So where was I? Oh Yes, I left Dallas on Sunday morning to fly to Houston(so sleepy I'm amazed I got on the right plane!)
    My friend met me at the airport & we went to her house for the afternoon.
    My friends' family went to the show tonight too, so there were 5 of us. They had side seats on Timothy's side & I had a Floor seat, row 7 on Joe(and Will's) side.

Seven Bridges Road just sounds so amazing live - what a way to start the evening.

Loved Joe's T-shirt....and his hair looked great. Joe is looking SO good these days. Getting married again obviously suits him!

Timothy looked good, as usual. Glenn had interesting shoes & Don had those sexy jeans on again(he wears jeans very well)

Scott never seems to stop smiling - he's got to get the award for 'most cheerful band member'. In contrast, Will hardly ever smiles, except when he's introduced by Glenn.
    Ah, Will..........what can I say; he may not smile too often, but he's still beautiful. He's looking a little chubby(or as I would say 'Cuddly') but who cares - he'll always be my darling Will & as long as he keeps playing wonderful keyboards I'll always love him to bits (Yup, even when he gets old, grey-haired or weighs 20 stone).

Don't think they dropped any songs, although they added Best of My Love, as they did in Dallas. They did LWKUA, and we had the 2 encores again, including ASWTDID. Glenn did some cute dancing to that as usual.

WITW is one of my all-time favourites, and sounds great live. When Will plays his piano solo at the end, that's heaven on earth for me.

A little grumble...........why do people have to scream/shout & whistle during LROOE? can't they just be quiet & listen for a few minutes? It spoils the atmosphere. Does anyone else find that annoying?

The Houston crowd seemed up for having a good time. It was a free for all with photos - security didn't stop people from walking to the front to take photos, nor did they stop people dancing in the aisles. Seems even security were in a good mood!

All too soon they played LITFL, so the dream is nearly over. Still, they did the 2 encores, with ASWTDID getting the crowd on it's feet.
    At the end of the 1st encore I telepathically sent my love to Will & said goodbye, as the band always disappear quickly at the end of the 2nd encore so that the Eagles can take centre stage for the applause.

I still name Take it Easy as one of my favourite Eagles songs & I love to hear it - except it's the last one before Desperado, so I'm a bit sad by then.

Monday morning - back onto a plane home. Certainly was a whirlwind weekend.

In summary, Dallas & Houston June 2010 - two great shows & I'm so glad I decided to make the trip.

EAGLES - YOU HAVE THE BEST OF MY LOVE

Some of my favourite photos from the show are below. Follow this link for another 50 or so:-

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/c...une/?start=all

Not a very clear photo, but what a butt shot!!!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself Steph. I know what you mean about LROOE... but I also don't think many people know the song, so they don't know what it's about. Just that it sounds good.

I don't if it's just me...but Joe has really been looking extra special yummy lately. He seems back in his comfort zone. Maybe it's because he shed the serious suit.

Yes, your Will sure is a cutie!

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Well I made it back to Az today much to my Dear Hubby's delight. Twelve days alone is not his idea of fun.
    My son and I went to Houston and was surprised to hear the opening band say that Joe Walsh played on their new CD and then added and here is Joe Walsh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

During the song The Long Run , Don usualy goes over and put his arm around Joe. He started to do that and Joe was playing a new guitar and all I could see was something gold on it. But Joe either said something to Don or there was something about the guitar but poor Don started laughing and it took him about two lines of the song to stop. So the boys were having fun.

I let my son take the pictures because he had a better view.

I wish I could get more than one picture at a time. Sorry.

Frank tried to get a picture of Glenn dancing but took this instead but Steph "Will" like it.