Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Witchita 6-30-2010

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Witchita 30-6-2010

Love, love, love these pics! Thank you! Can't wait for a review.

Nice! I've been waiting patiently, now! Can't wait to see (and read) more!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Jess, thanks for the a little taste, great pics! Looking forward to see and read more!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Ok, i've only got the "before the concert" stuff typed up so i'll post that now. I'm almost done with the pics...my gosh i have nearly 300 . I may have some videos too.

Before the concert

This was my first trip to Wichita and I really enjoyed it there. The Intrust Bank Arena is kinda small but it was a really nice place to see a concert. It was a very easy 3 hour drive. That was nothing compared to driving all the way to Cali a couple of months ago. We arrived in Wichita a little after one yesterday afternoon. Our hotel was only half a mile from the venue so we drove around it a couple of times. A gate was open so we were able to see all of the huge semi trucks and buses behind the arena and at that moment the excitement really started to kick in. It got even more exciting when we got to the hotel. As soon as we got out of the car we spotted two tour buses parked in front. I remember thinking to myself “No way are they staying here too!! But it could happen!! It already happened in San Jose, why not here too?” I was doing my best to remain calm. My friend Christi was already getting the scoop from valet and we weren’t even inside the hotel yet. Before we even stepped through the hotel doors she found out that the guys were staying there. This is when my freaking out began. We got checked in and as we were going up to the room, Christi was getting even more info from the bellhop lady. God bless that lady, she was so sweet and kind. She told us that the guys had arrived the day before and that they went out to Old Town later that evening. Then she said that the guys had already gone to the arena for sound check at around 10 am and came back to the hotel about noon. Christi was doing all the talking to this lady while I was just standing there stunned by all of this info we were getting. She then told us that if we want to try to see them to be down in the lobby by 2pm because they would be leaving for the arena sometime after that. She also said that they had a dinner to attend at the arena at 4. We got to our room and we had about 30 minutes to get back downstairs. My mind was racing in so many directions because I was so nervous and excited…more nervous, I think. We went back downstairs and at first our plan was to stand around outside. Christi’s hubby thought we were crazy to wait around for them and he decided to walk around by the river near the hotel. I felt completely weird just standing around outside in the heat and decided to have a cigarette. I was also thinking that it probably looked less conspicuous if I smoked instead of it looking weird with me and Christi just standing around outside the doors. We first saw Stuart walk out and go to one of the buses. I was shocked to actually be seeing him in person and didn’t say a word. I just watched him walk by. Too late, Christi asked me if he was anyone in the band. I told her who he was and she told me to tell her when someone Eagley goes by so she could say something to them. I’m way too shy for any of this kind of stuff and was trying to talk Christi out of saying anything to any of them unless it was Don, Glenn, Tim or Joe. I know I know, I was stupid about that but I get really nervous and shy in situations like this. A few minutes later we saw Al Garth then Christian Mostert come out and because I was so nervous I still didn’t tell Christi who they were until after they had walked by us. After about 25 minutes outside and 4 cigarettes later we decided to wait in the lobby because we were getting really hot and my lungs were starting to hurt because I don’t smoke much more than that in one day. We saw a few people coming and going with Eagles VIP and crew passes. We saw Will Hollis checking out and as he was walking toward the doors Christi asked to take a picture with him and he said sorry but he couldn’t because he had to get going. Boooo!!! A little bit later Christi overheard a man say that Joe would be coming down soon. My heart was already racing when she told me that but it started to pound a few minutes later when I saw Smokey coming our way. I whispered to Christi “It’s Smokey”. I don’t know why I whispering…nerves, I guess. “What?” she said. “That’s Smokey, he’s Joe’s bodyguard.” After he checked out Christi walked right over to him to say hi and began to tell him that we were big Eagles fans and was wondering if we could get a picture with Joe. He kindly said sorry and that we wouldn’t be able to. I was still standing back a little bit and Christi waved me over closer and at the same time asked him “Well, can we get a picture with you?” Smokey looked my way so I took a few steps closer, smiled and said “Hi Smokey”. That’s it, that’s all I was able to say. I don’t know if he didn’t hear me right or what but he said to me “You’re not Smokey, I’m Smokey. But we can take a picture, sure thing.” So I got a pic with him and then Christi and her hubby took one with him. Smokey was a really nice guy. That’s was pretty cool to get to meet him. We waited a little while longer then gave up when we didn’t see any more Eagley people around. We had to start getting ready to meet up with some friends of Christi’s that had front row seats on Tim’s side.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Videos

7BR [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_IzHiLvpW0[/ame]

Hotel California [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxv1CVaILi0[/ame]

Take It To The Limit [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1x3m6FfHxY[/ame]

The Long Run [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRMAhx4I-os[/ame]

Take it Easy [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnckpeU97C0[/ame]
    (Glenn Frey)

I didn't get much sleep last night and I did all of the driving today so I'm pretty tired and gonna get to bed soon. I'll try to finish up my review and the pics before I go to work tomorrow. For now I'll leave you all with these pics taken during The Long Run...

"I used to stay out till the break of day"

"In The Long Run"

"People talkin' about us. They got nothing else to do"

"couldn't hold a candle to you"

"Kinda bent but we ain't breakin'"

"Just a little bit faster now"

P.S. I may have a video of a certain song that was recently added to the setlist.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Great review so far Jess, Thanks! can't wait to hear the rest.....

Love this pic

~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Whew Jess! Willie texted me saying that you were staying at the same hotel as the guys, but I'm glad you didn't wait outside any longer. The cigarette smoking alone could have killed you!

Loving the review so far and the pictures. You must have read my posts in another thread about not being able to tell which song is being played by looking at a picture. It's great to see a caption of exactly what part of the song they're doing! Can't wait for more!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Oh Right Christi!!!! Love the way she just goes for it!!!

Great review so far Jess. Way to build the suspense! Anxiously awaiting the next installment.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

GREAT revirew!Thanks for the LONG RUN pics! Can't wait to hear and see the rest of them!
    Last edited by Koala; 07-02-2010 at 10:24 AM.
    (Glenn Frey)