Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

Default Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

Hopefully I have caught any of the articles I posted. I usually just post the link so there weren't too many.

Thank you to those who posted more information which helps us to better understand what is going on.

Nancy, hope your move is hassle free!

Default Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

WOW! I hope I have now deleted all in the press and reviews threads ! I was very busy with it!LOL
    If anyone notices I missed an article, please let me know. Thanks!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Banned
    Sunset Sound Studios - Buried Alive in the Blues

Checking in, but not leaving.............................

I think I got all of mine outta there.

As requested above, please let me know if I missed aything that needs to go.

Thanks so much for you cooperation guys! I can only get on the internet sporadically while in transit - I get to Memphis on Saturday and then I have to get hooked up in my new place. That's why I've been "in absentia" at this important time and Dreamer has been forced to act in my stead - of course the timing is poor, but I just count my blessings that I'm not being sued as well (at least not yet, and hopefully with these preventative measures never).

Regarding YouTube or similar sites, anything that is hosted on another site is not going to affect me (when I say "hosted on another site" I mean the URL it comes from does not begin with www.eaglesonlinecentral.com or one of our sister sites. That's what's "hosted on my server"). It's when you copy and paste the content onto THIS site that it becomes a problem. Linking is not a problem. In fact, they like it when we link to them - brings them more traffic.

I know this kind of seems like a drag for those who have had so much fun posting things like these articles, but all it means is that we (the board members) have to take the time to follow the link before commenting on what you've posted. So, still keep an eye out for such things - just link to them (with your own commentary about the link to explain what it is) rather than re-posting them. Under "fair use," short excerpts are also OK for articles, but most people would rather just link to them.

Again, my thanks for your help and I'm sorry for all the bother it's caused! Don't let it interfere with your enjoyment of the board, please!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks Nanc and enjoy your 'moving' experience!

Wow! You Borderers are great - but we already knew that, didn't we! I am going to try to spend some time over the weekend going through the board and blogs looking for anything that may have been missed. Anyone else who has the time to help out, please let me know and we can work together. If anyone sees something that has been missed, if you can PM me, that would also help out a lot.

Thanks again everyone!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Nancy, it would take a lot more than this to interfere with my enjoyment of the board! At first I thought you were up to one of your April Fool's jokes, but then I realized it's not April!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'm still looking through my posts. My problem is that I have so many links to photos and mini-recordings that are on my site that virtually all of my posts have "some" external post...even if it is to an Avatar or Sig Pic or smilie.

I've only found a couple that I've had to delete or edit. Most of mine are quotes from some article pertaining specifically to the topic I was addressing with the post. For instance, a copied paragraph out of an article found in Rolling Stone with the link to the complete article included. That would probably be okay to leave in.

However, there were a couple of articles that I copied and pasted into message threads that I did have to delete...and the link to the site where the article appeared was no longer valid. So, for all intents and purposes, that is just a broken thread now.

What I would suggest in the future is that when posting published reviews, that we clip pertinent "cerpts" to lure the readers to linking to the entire article. For instance, if it is a review of some local newspaper about an Eagles concert and it is a "bad review", maybe just copy a sentence or two the author used to set the tone of the article and then provide the link.

Now, if that is not a valid method of quoting enough of the article to make it pertain to our forum here, then I guess we'll have to just paraphrase the article entirely...and that leads to a lot of misinterpretation....and liable if it is stated that this is what a particular author wrote...because HE DIDN"T WRITE IT. Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

What I DO KNOW is that hardcopy publications like newspapers and magazines are really hurting with the advent of the Internet. I have a nephew who is the editor of a newspaper in Conway, Arkansas. He has told me that the newspaper business has just about been put out of business with the universal access to the Internet. They are very proprietary with the content of their published work.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I knew Soda was moving, but didn't know when. I'm happy she was able to receive her emails letting her know what was going on. I almost copied Dreamer on my email, just in case Soda was't around. I just wanted to say, it's great that Soda can depend on Dreamer to assist on all the workings of this site to keep it running smoothly.

I know I am not alone when I say, thank you Soda and Dreamer for keeping this site wonderful, fun and friendly. I appreciate you ladies!

Do we have to worry about photo images at this point?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Awww - thanks, Ev - that is very sweet of you. I have to say I am glad to be able to help out in any way I can. Like many of you, these sites are a labor of love for me - not only because of Glenn, Don, Timothy, and Joe but for all of the fans who visit and post here as well.

Cyberhugs to you all!!!

As far as pictures, we're not worrying about them for now. If they are part of an article you are already deleting, then you should probably go ahead and delete it, but I wouldn't worry about other pics right now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wow!!! Very cool of L&M to give Soda a head's up on this. I don't think I've posted any articles but I will go through my posts tonight after work and check. Just so I'm clear on this...It's only the posting of full articles that we have to worry about? Not pics or videos?
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."