Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Glenn Frey in the Press - Retro Edition!

Default Re: Glenn Frey in the Press - Retro Edition!

What happened to those songs?!

I was thinking the same thing! It's likely "The Girl from Yesterday" was one of them, and perhaps also the then-new material that wound up on The Solo Collection: "This Way to Happiness", "Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed", and "Common Ground."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I was thinking the same thing! It's likely "The Girl from Yesterday" was one of them, and perhaps also the then-new material that wound up on The Solo Collection: "This Way to Happiness", "Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed", and "Common Ground."
    That's quite possible, Soda.

Stuck on the Border

Cameron Crowe did a piece on Jackson Browne in 1974 and Glenn and JD feature in it a few times.
    Jackson had heard of Geffen. He made up a demo, with Glenn Frey of the Eagles and J.D. Souther (now working with Richie Furay and Chris Hillman in a new group) behind him.
    These days, Jackson is bolstered by friends he’s had since the pre-Asylum days, friends who have joined him on the Eagles. He met Glenn Frey (who would add the Winslow, Arizona lyrics to “Take it Easy”) and John David Souther five years ago at a free-clinic benefit in Long Beach. He had seen Frey and Souther perform before, and he wanted them to try this new song of his, “Jamaica Say You Will.” “We were floored,” said Frey. They ended up sharing what Souther called “this adobe matchbox that was already halfway rolled down the hiss,” in the Echo Park sector of Los Angeles.
    There's more on the Desperado concept which I'll post in the appropriate thread.

Cool! They're a bit inaccurate about "Take It Easy," though. Jackson came up with the Winslow, AZ part and Glenn came up with seeing that fine girl in the flatbed Ford.

Stuck on the Border

[For context, we were discussing a Dec 1993 interview with Jack Tempchin about Glenn's next solo album and the songs they'd already written for it.]
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I believe you're right about those. There's a 1992 interview with Glenn where he said that the next year he was going to record an album titled Common Ground in Nashville. Also, some of the songs may have found their way onto Jack Temchin's 1994 album as Glenn has songwriting credits on two songs.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'm not sure where to post this... but I think this is right... and it may be here already. I was looking up something and came across this. I loved it, it made me smile. "Never"... thankfully, those "nevers" didn't happen.

http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~markowit...f/oui/oui.html

Yes - I remember this article. It used to be a bit of a joke how Glenn was so adamant back in the day that the Eagles were over, but luckily with maturity he realized that one should "never say never" so to speak. Thank God he changed his mind! Otherwise, I would never have experienced the Eagles, or Glenn.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I also thought it was cute, when asked if he'd ever live in New York... "Are you nuts... I've "never" had a desire... "

I bet even chuckled thinking back on that interview if he ever thought about it.