Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Piedmont Park ?????????

Out on the Border

Default Re: Piedmont Park ?????????

Happy to be able to provide information. I have loved the Eagles since childhood. I'm excited to be attending and staffing their performance at Piedmont. My parents are coming from Indiana to see it. They got their VIP tickets.

VIP is really good seating this year, just for your information, everyone. It's bleacher seating, food and drink. There's a separate front entrance for VIP which also cuts down on your time in line. We work really hard to correct the VIP issues we had last year.

Thanks for the info and welcome, PG! I am driving over from Birmingham for the show and am very excited about it. I am glad to hear that there is VIP bleacher seating, because I thought I read somewhere that we had to bring low lawn chairs. Can you give me some advice on how early we should plan on arriving at the park?

Out on the Border

Hey, Don. The bad news is, because of costs, we're cutting back on bleacher seating. It's going to be limited. You can buy a really cool, cheap concert pack here: http://tinyurl.com/2exnmub

That includes a heated stadium seat and blanket. That way, if you don't get a bleacher seat, you'll have a great seat all your own. Regardless, you'll enjoy a really awesome catered VIP area. Food and drink a-plenty.

Official entrance time for the show is 5:00, but you can probably come even earlier. I'd say as early as 3. Food won't be available to 5, but you could definitely bring snacks.

Another little tidbit for Eagles fans. We're going to run 25 days of promotions on twitter. You can follow Piedmont Park here: http://twitter.com/piedmontpark

If you follow PiedmontPark, we'll be running a series of contests that will make you eligible to win a pair of general admission tickets each day. I hope you guys will help me get the word out to Eagles fans, as I'd love to see the tickets go to those who would most appreciate them.

PG, belated thanks for all the good inside info. Appreciate the reassurance that this will indeed be a show to remember. Thanks for all your hard work.

PG, I have already bought 2 VIP tix-how will I know if I get a bleacher seat or not? Thanks for all your help & advice-I appreciate it!

Out on the Border

Hey PiedmontGirly and everyone else, I'm going to be at the Green Concert on Friday....very excited since this will be my first Eagles concert.

I have a question regarding the rules on the piedmont park site: When they say no cameras, video-recording devices are not allowed, does that also mean point-and-shoot/digital cameras as well? I know this sounds like a silly question, but I've been to several concerts in the past that allowed cameras and have heard through the grapevine the Eagles aren't big fans of cameras at their shows. I was just curious if there were specific cameras not allowed like the more expensives ones with fancy lens, etc. Wanted to get at least a few shots of the show....if...I'm fortunate enough.

And I know cameras weren't allowed at Paul McCartney's show, but I saw alot of video on youtube from that event.

Thanks and have a good day,
    - Crowdie

Hey crowdie - welcome!

I'm afraid I can't be of much help about venue policy. Have you tried calling them?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me too, crowdie and I hope you have a blast at your first Eagles show.

All tickets for Eagles shows say that no cameras are allowed, but it is really up to the venue about how strictly the rule is enforced. You don't have to look any further than this site to see that some people manage to get awesome pictures at the shows. However, as I said, some venues are lax about the policy and some aren't. I think it's safe to say that you won't get by with trying to take a large camera with you.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Hey guys,

Thanks for your comments. I sent an email to piedmont park back around last July or August when the show was first announced. And I got a response back that simply that said no cameras. I was just curious to get a second opinion because, as I've learned from previous concerts, some of the workers will say have different responses, whether it be no cameras in general, or digital cameras is fine...we're just looking out for the ones that have the big fancy lenses. I was just hoping to get some images from the show to have something to remember the event. I'm hoping this won't be the first and only time I see the Eagles, but who knows?

In my experience going to concerts over the last few months a "regular" camera (no removable lens) using no flash or a phone camera seem to not be an issue as long as you are only taking pictures and not recording (this is especially true if you are on the floor nearer the stage). I'd say take your camera, put it in your pocket when you go in like I do, don't use the flash and you will probably be fine.