Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Piedmont Park ?????????

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Piedmont Park ?????????

OH Right DF!!!

Welcome back BTW!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Congrats to all who have already purchased pre-sale tickets, VIP or GA, whatever your pleasure. So far I have five local friends who have expressed an interest in going, so I have six GA tickets in pocket. Hope more Borderers will decide to join us and visit Atlanta for the show.

I want to seek some opinions. Since this is not just another tour stop, but rather a special show to benefit the Piedmont Park Conservancy, Atlanta's great intown park, do you think there is any chance that the guys might consider adding a song to their set list just for Atlanta? If so, what would y'all want that song to be? And if we reached a consensus here on the Border and then lobbied really, really hard, do we stand a snowball's chance in hell freezes over that they would honor our request? For example, if I had my druthers, I would vote for them to do "Victim of Love." A buddy of mine would want to hear "Already Gone." What are your preferences? And what ideas do you have for communicating our request to the powers that be?

Stuck on the Border

Unfortunately the show will probably be shorter, not longer (I know you said you hoped it would not be shorter), and songs are invariably dropped, not added (the recent addition of Best Of My Love notwithstanding). How we would communicate our request, I have no idea.

However I will go along with the suggestion. It would come as no surprise to anyone that if they were to add an old song I would add New Kid In Town or if not, then I would restore Somebody.

Either way if this was to happen in my opinion the song really has to be one of Glenn's. Call me biased or with an axe to grind if you like but he only sings seven songs now (he had eight with Somebody).
    Last edited by Freypower; 08-02-2010 at 10:45 PM.

FP, I fear you may be correct about the show at Piedmont Park being shorter, but hey, hope never dies, right? If the weather cooperates, and we get one of our glorious Atlanta fall evenings, perhaps the guys might be inspired to give us a little bit extra for a good cause? And I have no problem with either NKIT or Somebody as an added song or even a substitute. I always thought Somebody would be a great theme song for a TV series, much in the same way "Who Are You" was used for CSI. There is no doubt it showcases Glenn's vocal talents. That said, if we're going to add a Glenn song, my vote would be "You Belong to the City."

FreyPower is right more than likely they'll play 90 minutes-charity or no charity event otherwise I'd assume tickets would be a lot more costly.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Considering it's going to take more than 90 minutes to get in and way more than 90 minutes to get home (I base that on last year's Green Concert experience), even for those of us who live one MARTA stop away, they'd better freakin' play more than 90 minutes, no matter how cheap the tickets are -- and if you ask me, there is nothing cheap about them after all the fees are tacked on. That's all I'm saying.

The Lower Meadow at Piedmont Park is a gorgeous place for a concert. The Midtown skyline will be all lit up, and if it's one of those starry Atlanta fall nights, they won't want to leave.

Out on the Border

Hey, y'all. I work at Piedmont Park, and I want to reassure you that we have been guaranteed the lengthier Eagles set. The ticket is a bargain, and the show will be an unforgettable experience. October is actually an amazing time for an outdoor show in Atlanta, as I think many of you will know. With any luck, it will finally have cooled down by then.

A few of you have expressed concerns about getting into the show, but MARTA is providing a shuttle service from the Midtown station, and multiple ticket entrances will keep lines moving. If you want or need to drive, we have worked out a comprehensive traffic plan with the city that will keep traffic flowing as best it can.

I hope to see you guys out in the Meadow! It's going to be a spectacular Green Concert.

Thanks for the info PG - sounds like it's going to be a great show. Wish I could go. Welcome, BTW!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks for the info!! Cool! Now if only we can get other people from all the venues to give us the inside scoop---wouldn't that be nice?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me too, PG and thanks a lot for the info. I am still debating whether or not I'm going to make the trip to this show - still waiting to see if they announce anything closer to me here in Virginia.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016