Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586 LastLast

Thread: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I know! That stroll was so confident! "Yes, that's right, Don Henley's in the house and I am going to own this, prepare to get blown away" LOL
    So true. I just love how Don walks on the stage. With confident and here to blow your mind. LOL

I had Stevie's Timespace Greatest Hits cassette back in the 90s. I really wasn't a fan of Leather and Lace. Now it's my favorite Stevie song.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Here's an article with another view on the duet:

https://bestclassicbands.com/stevie-..._acwVAhqd5nL2M

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Here's an article with another view on the duet:

https://bestclassicbands.com/stevie-..._acwVAhqd5nL2M
    Thanks for that! Another Stevie oopsie... she wrote the song for Waylon Jennings, not Merle Haggard... not a big deal except for that her story hinges upon the fact that the man was in a relationship with Jessi Colter, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Hi All! First time posting - but I am giggling here with how, virtually giggly Henley was on stage with her. So adorable!

As I posted in the F1 thread - this is my favorite performance of Sunset Grill. This song has really grown on me in recent weeks and I find myself listening to it quite often, at least for now as I never liked it before and now I can't get enough of it.

I personally love the synthesizers and sounds effects on the original and on here. This song is very 80s to me, and that's cool to me as I'm not one of those people that looks down on 80s music or synths, etc. I love that stuff. The message still stands up though, and I think it's one of Don's better solo songs now. I also love the guitarist in this video using his guitar to make a synth solo sound, I must learn how to do that - haha. I think he's using a synth type effects pedal to do that.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

That is a great one!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Agreed WF. I love that video.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Here's a better version of Leather and Lace from HBO. Stand Back is first so if you don't want to watch Stand Back, Leather and Lace comes on at the 4:26 mark.

Don and Stevie does something else during the "the first time I saw you" that I didn't notice from the other videos.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

They are so cute together. Thanks shun!

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

So, am I wrong Mr. Henley doesn't have a YouTube thread? I didn't see one...anyhoo , yesterday I was searching the tube and found these from MTV. Earth Day, Bryan Adams and Henley duet, and then, it's botched missing the first half, but parts of the Don Henley Rockumentary starts at 2:58. Even though it's incomplete (anyone find the complete version?), it's still a good watch, eerie, how some of the things he says is very relatable to now.