Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I don't know how I missed the last few posts on this thread lately, but wow....
    The first video is indeed from Don's Inside Job Live DVD, taped in his hometown of Dallas.
    The whole DVD is great, but I love, love, LOVE Talking to the Moon!
    Lilah, on that same DVD, is also guaranteed to make me melt.

The second video you posted had already been taken down before I got to see it.

However, I don't think this one is posted anywhere on The Border:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPK5o2s2IdE

I adore this song too--he sounds fabulous with Patti Smyth.
    Lilah is on there too?!!! I'm DEFINITELY going to ask for that DVD for Christmas - and if I don't get it then, I'm buying it myself.

I'm so sorry you didn't get to see BOML - it was so great! Hopefully it will pop up elsewhere.

Thanks for the link to the Patti Smyth /Don video. I remember when that song came out - I had no idea Don Henley was the guy!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Thanks for the link to the Patti Smyth /Don video. I remember when that song came out - I had no idea Don Henley was the guy!
    I didn't either . Same thing when he sang with Trisha Yearwood on Walkaway Joe. But finally one day it all came together--the guy who sings with Stevie on Leather & Lace, and Patti and Trisha, is the same guy who sings Dirty Laundry and Heart of the Matter, the same guy whose voice I adore on Hotel California?

Stick a fork in me--I'm done!

BTW, the BOML video came from whatever special this screenshot is from:

That is from MTV Unplugged from 1990. He looked drop dead gorgeous in that special.
    Best of my Love from that show was fabulous, but that was also the first time I ever heard and saw him sing "Come Rain or Come Shine." Unbelievable!

I made the other guys YouTube videos for their birthday, but the only one I did for Don was shared with Stevie. So here we go, a Don-centric one! I did it to "Waiting in the Weeds" - the pattern is Early Eagles, Don Solo, then Eagles back together. I used some of their/his videos as well as photos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6RICAg1WW8
    Wow, Soda! This video is just stunning! I was actually sitting here crying throughout it. Absolutely beautiful. You did an incredible job of capturing the perfect shots or video clips to match the lyrics.

Not to change subjects rapidly or anything, but rather than post a new message, I found this video of Don and Trisha Yearwood singing Trisha's Inside Out. I knew they had teamed up for Walkaway Joe, but didn't know they had teamed up again in 2002. He's looking cute as ever and so happy. I love his smile!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZVt-Cd5Tc
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    I found this video of Don and Trisha Yearwood singing Trisha's Inside Out. I knew they had teamed up for Walkaway Joe, but didn't know they had teamed up again in 2002. He's looking cute as ever and so happy. I love his smile!
    Me too. This is one of my favorite Don videos because he looks so relaxed and happy with Trisha. They have genuine affection for each other, and it shows.

I found some great rarities on YouTube uploaded by "Muzakpunk"!

From Farm Aid 1985:
    - A Month of Sundays (so rare)
    - Boys of Summer (hoarse, but look at Don move!)
    - Sunset Grill (what's with wrapping the arm around the mic?)

And....

You Don't Know Me At All (David Letterman 1995) - ROCKIN'!

Oh my goodness!
    I can see I need to spend some time watching some videos.

BOS was great! I don't think I've ever seen Don move like that!

I absolutely love YDKMAA!!!

Ohh! I have never seen him perform You Don't Know Me At All before--I LOVE that song! What a terrific find! He sounded great and looked great too--loved his hair!

I have his three performances from Farm Aid--they are really good too. Not only did Don move around a lot more, but all his backup band danced, too. (The girl in the white blouse kinda got on my nerves ) He was quite a bit younger then and obviously didn't mind "striking a pose"--that arm draped over the mic caught me off guard at first, too! Ah, the 80s!

OH - MY - LORD! Yet more proof that he was at his hottest in the 90's!.

Thanks for that, Soda!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."