Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast

Thread: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

This just got put up on YouTube a few days ago. As of right now, it's still there. It's Don on the Letterman Show signing "You Don't Know Me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpRy...4TiBZluzCs9LrM

Border Rebel

Still here today...thanks, CA!

In honor of the 30th Anniversary of Don playing drums with Guns N Roses at the American Music Awards this past Wednesday, here's the video, Patience.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    This just got put up on YouTube a few days ago. As of right now, it's still there. It's Don on the Letterman Show signing "You Don't Know Me."

How I wish this had been done live more than this one time! It's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    In honor of the 30th Anniversary of Don playing drums with Guns N Roses at the American Music Awards this past Wednesday, here's the video, Patience.

Very cool.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The Henley video with GNR is one of my favorites. That's a pair up I never thought I'd see. But he also sang on an Aerosmith song, so I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

For the longest time I've associated Henley with more of a country good ol' boy farmer type (maybe because it's how he dresses now vs back then) but he definitely could rock when he wants to. The way he is now reminds me of John Mellencamp.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The Henley video with GNR is one of my favorites. That's a pair up I never thought I'd see. But he also sang on an Aerosmith song, so I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

For the longest time I've associated Henley with more of a country good ol' boy farmer type (maybe because it's how he dresses now vs back then) but he definitely could rock when he wants to. The way he is now reminds me of John Mellencamp.
    LOL! I know Don worked a garden with his dad. But I'm from small town East Texas too, and he NEVER struck me as a "good ol' boy farmer type"!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    LOL! I know Don worked a garden with his dad. But I'm from small town East Texas too, and he NEVER struck me as a "good ol' boy farmer type"!
    I think it's all the plaid he wears lately and the button up shirts, lol. And the fact he just has a country vibe. Again, more of a John Mellencamp midwestern kind of vibe from Don. Glenn was always more of a rocker to me, but DH sang a lot of the Eagles rockers. The whole rough guy rebellious rock thing is Glenn to me at least in the 70s. He's got that frontman edge too. Don seemed more laid back in the 70s anyway.

Back to the videos!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    How I wish this had been done live more than this one time! It's awesome!
    Re: You Don't Know Me At All, I couldn't agree more, soda. To me, that is one of my favorite Don solo songs - VERY underrated, IMHO!

And it did seem a bit odd that Don would sub as a drummer for Guns N' Roses, but, very cool, nonetheless!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

But the thing is with Don, he could sing with anyone if its rock, country, R&B, or pop. He blends so well with everybody. He and Joe were the ones who branched out more in other genres. I love when he puts his spin on songs that are not his. Sometimes I like his version better than the original.

The collaboration I was really surprised with was Lindsey Buckingham. I would had loved to hear that story from Don one day because it's interesting that he would have his ex's ex-boyfriend play on your album especially when you heard stories of Don and Lindsey not liking each other.

I love his rocking songs like You Don't Know Me At All and I Will Not Go Quietly.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 02-04-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree that Don's style can be very versatile. However, I think most fans probably thought that the Eagles and Guns N' Roses were very different bands, and, it was a little surprising to see Don team up with them. But, it, obviously worked. The guest appearance was actually a return favor for Axl singing background vocals on I Will Not Go Quietly.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016