Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Music Documentaries

Default Re: Music Documentaries

Thanks for the remaining, My My. I guess I’ll be watching this and Vetsaid.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    There is a new documentary, "The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend A Broken Heart" that will air on HBO this Saturday at 8:00. The trailer looked really interesting! I never owned a Bee Gees album, but I did have the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack which was almost a Bee Gees album...
    We went to see them at Riverfront Stadium. When they sang "Too Much Heaven" without the falsetto... that was great!

There's a Harry Chapin documentary out... we're watching it now. "Harry Chapin: When in Doubt, Do Something." It's really good.

My husband (from Long Island) started talking about going to his concert on Long Island. Concert was delayed... delayed... delayed. Hubby went out to grab a cigarette, turned on the car radio. Harry Chapin didn't make it to the concert; he died in a car accident on the LIE. Then he says, "We had tickets to a Jim Croce concert. That never happened, either. We quit buying tickets to concerts for a while."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    There's a Harry Chapin documentary out... we're watching it now. "Harry Chapin: When in Doubt, Do Something." It's really good.

My husband (from Long Island) started talking about going to his concert on Long Island. Concert was delayed... delayed... delayed. Hubby went out to grab a cigarette, turned on the car radio. Harry Chapin didn't make it to the concert; he died in a car accident on the LIE. Then he says, "We had tickets to a Jim Croce concert. That never happened, either. We quit buying tickets to concerts for a while."
    Hi CA how are you and your family doing ? I loved Harry Chapin ! I saw him in concert twice at the old Garden State Arts Center(now PNCAC). Both were great concerts - he had such a wonderful relationship with the crowd. I remember that day well, his death was all over on the news her in the NY/NJ/Ct. Metro area. He was such a good, kind person who did a lot for those facing hunger and hardship. His wife won a lawsuit against VW as a result of his acc./death. Such a great loss.

CA - What network was the special on ?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    CA - What network was the special on ?
    It's available from Amazon Prime, but I got a DVD from the library. Here's the web site: https://www.harrychapinmovie.com/

I'm doing okay! Hope you are doing well as well.

AXSTV has some good concerts on today, Sunday 12/3, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. Tom Petty comes on at 9:30 AM PST They've had a lot of Tom Petty lately.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    AXSTV has some good concerts on today, Sunday 12/3, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. Tom Petty comes on at 9:30 AM PST They've had a lot of Tom Petty lately.
    Shoot - I don't get AXSTV with my cable package.
    I did see a Tom Petty special last night on the REELZ channel. They also replayed the breakup of the Eagles. I have to laugh every time I see it because they got it so wrong. They blame the break up on Glenn being sloppy/messy, and said he was not as talented as Don and used Glenn's quote about having Don in the group. There is a part of me that wishes he never had said that because it is always used against him to show he finally recognized Don was more talented than him.

When I finally dumped cable for YouTubeTV, AXSTV was probably the channel I missed most!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Does anyone know of any documentaries featuring Joni Mitchell, beyond the Rolling Thunder Revue?

Apparently Martin Scorcese did a documentary entitled Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese. Here is two links regarding the film that’s available on Netflix. Hope this helps.
    https://www.netflix.com/title/80221016

https://www.openculture.com/2020/05/...ng-coyote.html