Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Music Documentaries

Default Re: Music Documentaries

Oh wait you wanted other than that. Sorry nevermind

Hey y'all, I found not just one but TWO music documentaries on YouTube that are about music from the 60s and 70s. The first one is entitled "California Rock: Under the covers" and it's about Henry Diltz, legendary rock photographer. Don and Glenn make an appearance, as well as Jackson Browne. The other one is the two part "Laurel Canyon" and (I believe there is already an existing thread out this already, so I won't go into great detail about it here) both are really good. Just wanted to give everyone who doesn't own any of these a heads up. They are free to watch on YouTube right now, however there seems to be something wrong with the sound quality of the Henry Diltz documentary. During the scenes with Don and Glenn, the sound seemed to get greatly muffled and they ended up sounding like those people who are interviewed for a true crime show and want their identities hidden.

Dreamer, if you think this can be moved to another topic or thread, I don't mind if you move it. I just didn't know where I could mention this as both documentaries are filled with classic rockers, not just our guys.

Elle81
    I was lucky and saw them both on TV. I was actually able to find and record the Laurel Canyon series. I think it was on epix channel. There also was one with David Crosby, " Remember My Name" going through the canyon pointing out all the places and house where people lived back in the day and around Hollywood pointing out all the places, a lot of them not there anymore.
    I have Direct TV and use the search a lot. I find some good ones if I search by a persons name or band name. Probably other tv services have a similar "search"
    Isn't it neat when you make a find For me, living in SoCal, a lot of that is places I went as a kid and later during the 70's music scene. It was a good time. Like seeing music history in the making. Seeing all the guys before they were Eagles will be something that stays with me forever

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    Elle81
    I was lucky and saw them both on TV. I was actually able to find and record the Laurel Canyon series. I think it was on epix channel. There also was one with David Crosby, " Remember My Name" going through the canyon pointing out all the places and house where people lived back in the day and around Hollywood pointing out all the places, a lot of them not there anymore.
    I have Direct TV and use the search a lot. I find some good ones if I search by a persons name or band name. Probably other tv services have a similar "search"
    Isn't it neat when you make a find For me, living in SoCal, a lot of that is places I went as a kid and later during the 70's music scene. It was a good time. Like seeing music history in the making. Seeing all the guys before they were Eagles will be something that stays with me forever
    Yes!