Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gibson introduces Limited Edition Don Felder guitar!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Gibson introduces Limited Edition Don Felder guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    There is a finite number of combinations of chord progressions possible on guitar. Granted, with all the variations on each chord (any combination of notes produces a chord of some sort!), that list of progressions possible seems almost infinite....BUT there are a limited number of progressions that actually harmonize and flow.

You'll hear songs that sound nothing at all alike that have the same chords and chord sequences.

It is mildly irritating that anyone would imply that a song was "stolen" even it it was done light-heartedly by Anderson. And who knows Chaim...maybe Bernie and Felder were kickin' it one night and Bernie played it remembering it from the Jethro Tull days and Felder picked it up not even realizing it...or maybe realizing it.

Whatever the case, only the basic chord progression remains of the song that Anderson and Jethro Tull came up with. It does have a vaguely familiar sound to it.
    I do absolutely agree with you. But I think that Ian and Don could both be more a bit more modest about it. Don keeps saying that it's a unique progression that he came up with, when it isn't, and Ian keeps suggesting that it came from him, although I'm sure he wasn't the first to use it.

Handshake and a High Five Chaim....I completely concur!

But, If I found myself overlooking the ocean from my beach house at sunset and and was in a state of mind expansion and then that progression came to me, I'd freakin' claim it <LOL>. Although I don't know if Felder was under any influence at that particular time other than the beauty of his environment!

MikeA

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/1...-Felder-Burst/

That's a picture of one of the Les Paul Felder models. Absolutely stunning top on the guitar, but I don't have the 10k Gibson wants for one.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."