Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eagles-Conseco FH-Indianapolis-Oct 12th

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles-Conseco FH-Indianapolis-Oct 12th

Since they are in the area, I feel they should come play Chicago one more time...Hey, I can hold out hope, can't I?

Timothy: "Willie, PLEASE OH PLEASE won't you come see me in Indy?"
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

You don't play fair!!!! But that would definitely work---especially if he guarantees me a seat right smack in front of him!

Something to put into perspective also.... in October at the Star Theater about an hour away, I can get a ticket for the Styx show on the floor for $45.50, a seat on the floor for Jon Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience for $55.00 and in November a seat on the floor for The Jim Hendrix Experience Tribute with Jonny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepherd for $70.00. That's $175.50 for 3 shows----less than 1 ticket for the Eagles. I know I'd rather see the Eagles but still..... BITE ME IRVING!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Hey guys! Long time no talk!!! My friend just told me this morning that the boys are coming to Indy - only about 2 hours away from me....

Dilemma.... should I spend the bucks to see the same show I already saw three times or not..... I ASSUME it's the same show? Same jokes, same videos..... same sexy boys...

I too have spent lots on concert tickets this year already, and all of them together probably would add up to one Eagles ticket.... what to do?

Tickets go on sale here on Monday - but of course I just saw there was an AMEX presale already today which pretty much guarantees a less-than-great seat if I was to purchase on Monday...

Who's Irving? Is he the spoiler-of-the-great-seats person or something? Clue me in!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaleymom View Post
    Hey guys! Long time no talk!!! My friend just told me this morning that the boys are coming to Indy - only about 2 hours away from me....

Dilemma.... should I spend the bucks to see the same show I already saw three times or not..... I ASSUME it's the same show? Same jokes, same videos..... same sexy boys...

I too have spent lots on concert tickets this year already, and all of them together probably would add up to one Eagles ticket.... what to do?

Tickets go on sale here on Monday - but of course I just saw there was an AMEX presale already today which pretty much guarantees a less-than-great seat if I was to purchase on Monday...

Who's Irving? Is he the spoiler-of-the-great-seats person or something? Clue me in!!
    Irving is the Eagles' manager, Irving Azoff.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hey Kim - welcome back. It's so good to hear from you - we've missed you around here. As far as tickets to the show, it you can manage to be strong, good seats are often dropped about a week from the show. It takes a lot of patience to be able to hold out though.

Now, as far as the ticket prices, I know the cost of an Eagles show is extremely high, and it is a personal choice that everyone has to make. However, for me, I look at it like this. There are indeed a lot of good concerts I could go to for a lot less money, but when I see the Eagles - I am paying to see the top band of the 70's perform legendary songs at an extremely high level for almost 3 hours with almost the same lineup that they had when they disbanded. That is a very rare thing to see these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Well Dreamer, if you get on a plane and come to the Indy show...now that might entice me to go!
    And hey - don't bet against me. I'm weighing my options as we speak!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Al-RIGHT!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Tickets for this show go on sale tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have a Dr. appointment in the morning (not that I expect anything good to pop up but you never know). Still not certain if we're going to go, but we're going to be watching the tickets closely.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    You don't play fair!!!! But that would definitely work---especially if he guarantees me a seat right smack in front of him!

Something to put into perspective also.... in October at the Star Theater about an hour away, I can get a ticket for the Styx show on the floor for $45.50, a seat on the floor for Jon Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience for $55.00 and in November a seat on the floor for The Jim Hendrix Experience Tribute with Jonny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepherd for $70.00. That's $175.50 for 3 shows----less than 1 ticket for the Eagles. I know I'd rather see the Eagles but still..... BITE ME IRVING!!!!

They do have a lot of entertainment @ Merrillville, seen a lot of shows there. It's a handy trip and pretty good venue. I grew up w/Styx, met Tommy many yrs ago, great guy, but I miss Dennis on lead vocals. I love Jonny and Kenny, two great young slingers for sure, but it's not Jimi. It's great that there's another Bonham to carry on the crazy, but it's not Led Zep. It could be argued that this version isn't the original Eagles, but I sure love this particular bunch of guys together and the music they've produced.
    I guess it's about the bang for the buck, quantity vs. quality. original vs tribute band. Good vs. Great.
    It's our own calls to make, and they are awfully difficult decisions to make sometimes....my bucks are tending to go to these guys right now, but they're kinda like Brett Favre, just when you think it's the last hoorah....back they come for another round. They were such an important part of my life, it's hard for me to know when to say when. Just wish Irving wasn't in the $$ mix, he can bite my tush too.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

I don't think, I can go having money issues. Oh well at least I saw em last year.
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001