Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

Default Re: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I enjoyed it, too, although I watched it with a pang in my heart.

In the credits, they list the recently deceased Doctor John. Did anybody spot him?
    I think he was in the video clip with Joe, and Jules Shear singing Cinnamon Girl playing the piano think. I think I remembered reading that he was Joe's episode.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I think he was in the video clip with Joe, and Jules Shear singing Cinnamon Girl playing the piano think. I think I remembered reading that he was Joe's episode.
    That makes sense. I suspected it might be that. Thanks, shun!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I found Joe's episode of MTV Unplugged. Dr. John does come out and play on Cinnamon Girl. I guess he wasn't shown that much in the clip. Dr. John comes in around 8:05.

http://youtu.be/mIE17VCUuSE

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

There's a new (not very good) "documentary" that is showing on BBC4 called "I can go for that: the smooth sound of yacht rock". The early part deals with the Southern California music scene of the sixties and seventies with the obligatory mentions of Laurel Canyon, The Troubadour etc. One of These Nights (single) was described as being "on the cusp" of "yacht rock" and they included a video clip (probably Houston) and also part of a radio introduction by Glenn.

ETA: The other slightly Eagles-related part was a present-day Ned Doheney playing a song he released in 1976. I don't think they were suggesting is was "yacht rock".
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 06-21-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    There's a new (not very good) "documentary" that is showing on BBC4 called "I can go for that: the smooth sound of yacht rock". The early part deals with the Southern California music scene of the sixties and seventies with the obligatory mentions of Laurel Canyon, The Troubadour etc. One of These Nights (single) was described as being "on the cusp" of "yacht rock" and they included a video clip (probably Houston) and also part of a radio introduction by Glenn.

ETA: The other slightly Eagles-related part was a present-day Ned Doheney playing a song he released in 1976. I don't think they were suggesting is was "yacht rock".
    Thanks for the heads-up. I had heard of the documentary but didn't expect them to be included under the purview of "Yacht Rock."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten