Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

Default Re: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

Yes, safe travels, shun!

Watched the preview. Oh my gosh, those actors... yikes!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks everybody. Driving down to New Orleans tomorrow morning and sailing out tomorrow afternoon.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This Sunday, Reelz's series Breaking the Band is doing an episode on the Eagles.

I've seen their episode on Fleetwood Mac, and it was awful - intercut with real footage and photos, they used actors that looked nothing like the band members to do ridiculous "re-enactments" of arguments and such. Talking heads, most of which had nothing to do with the band, made obvious statements like "It's very difficult to work with someone who you've broken up with." There was also a lot of inaccuracies.

I think we can expect more of the same for the Eagles episode.

It might be worth a watch just for the giggles; the Mac episode did fall under the heading of "Hilariously Bad."
    I've seen a few things on the Reelz channel and they've all been trashy...tabloid TV at its worst. (Dirty Laundry always comes to mind when I'm watching it). The worst is these "autopsy" shows they do, trying to make celebrity deaths sound scandalous when they weren't - like George Harrison died of cancer, there is nothing scandalous there.

I might watch it anyway though, I can't resist anything Eagles-related.

I know a very rare piece that I have never seen discussed, maybe it has here but I'm new forgive me, and I've searched YouTube and no luck. It was on one of the evening news shows back in probably 80 and I distinctly recall seeing it as a 11 year old Eagles fan, yes I started early thanks to my bro and sis. 20/20, Primetime Live was it called or something like that. My first time ever seeing the boys on TV.

The segment was on music and politics and centered around Jerry Brown. I don't recall an interview with the Eagles but very vividly recall seeing a short onstage clip (probably from the LA shows) and backstage as the limos sped off and Felder standing up out of the sunroof of one. May have been wearing the jersey someone here has as an avatar.

That is about all I recall, I was a kid, but was amazed I finally saw my favorite band on TV. Wow how far we've come with the availability these days.

Does anyone here recall this? I would dearly love to see it again. I have never found any mention of it online.

Stuck on the Border

LBE - I Love your chosen name - it cracks me up !
    I have never heard of or seen the tv piece you are talking about. It could have been 20/20 or one of the other shows discussing Jerry Brown. I know he ran for President at least once but I can not remember the exact date and I am too lazy to look it up(sorry).

Stuck on the Border

Anyone see the documentary last night on Reelz ? Just wondering what everyone thought. I watched but will hold my opinion as I want to see what others post.

Border Rebel

Forgot to record it, but it is on again on Thursday 7/19 at 8:00 and 11;00. So come on, NKIT, should I record it? Was is it as horrible as most of the stuff on Reelz? So bad it's good? Worth a laugh? Give it up, NKIT, lol...

I recorded the Reelz program from last night, but have not watched it yet.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Forgot to record it, but it is on again on Thursday 7/19 at 8:00 and 11;00. So come on, NKIT, should I record it? Was is it as horrible as most of the stuff on Reelz? So bad it's good? Worth a laugh? Give it up, NKIT, lol...

My My - lol ! Yes, the acting was terrible. I had never heard of or watched this station before and was not sure what to expect until I saw the preview posted on the Fastlane FB page. They said Glenn conceived and started the band and was the genius behind the bands success. Otherwise it made Don out to be the creative genius. Henry D. and Marc Eliott were interviewed as was Barney Hoskyns(the guy who wrote the book Hotel Calif.) They also gave credit to Don instead of Glenn for the idea about" the hotel in the distance" as part of the lyrics for HC. This is despite the fact the Don and Glenn have credited it to Glenn in numerous interviews. They had a psy. and another person evaluating/ giving their opinion on everything. I would say tape it - you can always tape over it if you don't like it.

Side Note - They had a show on Gram Parsons where they analyzed his autopsy and why he died. Also nothing we did not know before. But, they went into his crazy childhood and how that affected him as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    My My - lol ! Yes, the acting was terrible. I had never heard of or watched this station before and was not sure what to expect until I saw the preview posted on the Fastlane FB page. They said Glenn conceived and started the band and was the genius behind the bands success. Otherwise it made Don out to be the creative genius. Henry D. and Marc Eliott were interviewed as was Barney Hoskyns(the guy who wrote the book Hotel Calif.) They also gave credit to Don instead of Glenn for the idea about" the hotel in the distance" as part of the lyrics for HC. This is despite the fact the Don and Glenn have credited it to Glenn in numerous interviews. They had a psy. and another person evaluating/ giving their opinion on everything. I would say tape it - you can always tape over it if you don't like it.

Side Note - They had a show on Gram Parsons where they analyzed his autopsy and why he died. Also nothing we did not know before. But, they went into his crazy childhood and how that affected him as an adult.
    Oh joy, another documentary that plays fast and loose with the facts.

Thanks NKIT, appreciate the feedback. I will keep my fingers crossed one day someone will tell the true story about the Eagles. They deserve nothing less.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016