Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

Default Re: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

I'm watching too. I'm having a ball watching it on tv. This would be my first time seeing it on tv since I didn't watch it when it first aired on tv.

I was kinda nervous that they might cut some of the songs because of the commercials, but I'm glad to AXSTV didn't and they are playing the whole concert.

I missed seeing Don on the drums on LITFL, RMW, and HT. I always loved the jumping in the middle of DL, Timothy jumping all over the stage, Glenn playing the piano on a lot of songs and Glenn trying to dance on ASWTDIS. LOL

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Ha. I was wondering if I was the only one watching a show on TV that I have on DVD and could watch anytime! LOL. Love it so much!
    I love Glenn's version of TTTL too, WF. Not as dramatic, but intimate and heartfelt. Beautiful indeed. Love those highlights too, Shun! And it (they) all look so GOOD on my mom's 55" tv!
    Love Glenn's dancing, too. Makes me smile.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Out on the Border WitchyWoman92's Avatar

Wow. It's been a long time since I last posted here. I can't believe Farewell I aired on TV. I've heard of it ever since I became an Eagles fan but never saw it until now. I know there's a DVD but never bought it. I might consider buying it because with my television I don't like how some channels make things widescreen. I know its probably because my TV is literally one of those big ones but it still kind of annoys me.

I still had a great time watching though. It was quite a surprise to hear "A Hole In the World" in the set since Long Road Out of Eden wasn't for another three years (unless they had that song as far back as 2004?)

They had Hole in the World back then. It was first released on their Very Best of the Eagles compilation from 2003.

I didn't watch Farewell 1 when it first aired. I wouldn't become an Eagles hardcore for a few more months. I just missed it!

There is something special about the shared experience of watching it broadcast, even if you have it on DVD.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    So I'm watching F1 on AXS. It's funny, I have F1 on DVD, Bluray, and on my computer via iTunes yet I'm so excited for it to air on TV tonight - even though I could literally unplug the satellite and still be watching it right this very minute. LOL.

Also it reminded me that I watched it on NBC when it aired with my parents WAAAAAAY before I ever was into music and guitar. I was anti-music then. I had totally forgot I saw this years ago until it was on TV tonight. All those years watching the DVD I never thought of it. The fact it is on TV sparked my memory. I asked my folks and yes, they remember sitting me down and us watching it together, lol. I had completely forgot we watched this. It's an interesting thing, I wasn't a fan then.

So I'm sitting here wondering if watching it back then somehow rubbed off on me to discover them (as I did start playing guitar because of them). I can't help but think so. Because I think F1 is just packed full of so much greatness. Eagles songs, Henley songs, Frey songs, Walsh songs, etc. It was a great mix of it all. I'm glad I got to hear Don's solo songs when I saw them on the LROOE tour as I'll likely never hear them live again. The HOTE concert is my fav, but I liked hearing TBOS a lot.
    I know how you feel Austin - theres something special about seeing our guys live instead of just on DVD
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

At the printer at work, a colleague mentioned he'd seen this on TV and it made him think of me, because he knows what a big fan I am, etc, etc. That was all well and good. Then he had to spoil it with "Which one of them died again - Glenn Frey or Don Henley?" COME ON!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    re:"Epic Hits of 1972"---Well, anyone who missed it didn't miss anything! Very brief clips and a couple photos, a handful of folks making comments. And "Take it Easy" #10? What a crock!
    Yeah. I saw that, too.
    The worst is the "Rock Legends" on AXS. There is so much misinformation. I think I've posted before about the "critic" who said that Glenn came to California with Bob Seger. So full of crapola. Give me HOTE anyday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    At the printer at work, a colleague mentioned he'd seen this on TV and it made him think of me, because he knows what a big fan I am, etc, etc. That was all well and good. Then he had to spoil it with "Which one of them died again - Glenn Frey or Don Henley?" COME ON!!!!
    That's terrible Soda.

Everyone has phones these days - pull it out and Google it rather than saying that insensitive comment.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I encounter this sort of thing all the time. My dad lives in Dallas and when I asked him if he'd ever seen Don Henley around, he said "Didn't he die?"

I see AXS is repeating Farewell 1 tonight at 9:30, 8:30C for those who missed it and wanted to see it.(or see it again).
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."