Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to Joe

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Talk to Joe

Joe's break up with Stevie was pretty ugly and he avoids talking about it as much as possible I think, also his rough times he doesnt like to talk about much so if you did ask about those, chances are he'd probably cut his answers pretty short. I'd, personally be really interested in the question about how he started with The Eagles and guitar advice Im always interested in *G* The Eagles info I know he'd be willing to expound on and he'd probably appreciate it because it's not a question he gets a lot. I think it's been written about and talked about a lot, but not by Joe himself.
    HUGE Congrats!! and I cant wait to hear all about it! (be sure and tell Joe Rhonda loves him *G*)

Karen said she missed his call because of the time difference. Evidently his call would have come about 4am and she didnt even get the email till the next day. She's emailed him back and explained, but I dunno if she'll get another chance.

Border Desperado

I would ask him how the Eagles asked him to join the band. He'd probably be serious and that is a story I would like to hear. That's so awesome he's going to call you.

Congratulations EF! This is so cool!

I guess you shouldn't have asked us because we're all giving you different answers, but I like your question about getting through the rough times. If you could get a serious answer out of him, I'd like to hear it.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Joe's break up with Stevie was pretty ugly and he avoids talking about it as much as possible I think, also his rough times he doesnt like to talk about much so if you did ask about those, chances are he'd probably cut his answers pretty short.

That is pretty sound advice and pretty personal questions I would not blame him for not wanting to answer.

You WOULD get a serious answer about the "hard times". In reality, that would tie in with the Stevie question. He's said (or maybe it was Stevie who said) that they HAD to break up...they were enabling each other too much with drugs and booze. I would guess that he'd then go into his "RECOVERY" which was with AA and the 12-steps. He feels a strong responsibility toward that and at least as late as 2003, he would find a "meeting" in virtually every concert city that the Eagles were playing and make a venture there.

I've heard several times his advise to aspiring guitar players. He advises two things primarily...first, learn EVERYTHING that the Beatles ever did. Second...play in front of people!

I like the "favorite song" question. I've heard him speak of guitarists he admires, both past and current. I can't recall his specifying a "favorite song" that HE'S written. I seem to recall him making jokes about how if he'd known that he was going to be around this long, he'd have written "Funk #49" and "Rocky Mountain Way" differently, but that is as close to any criticism I can recall him making about any of his own music. I think this is a question that he'd answer, but I don't think he'd name just one song. I think that if I were going to ask that question, I'd qualify it by underscoring that you know that the one that is favorite may not be one that was the biggest hit. It would be interesting to see if he names 'One Day At A Time" from LROE since it is his latest...."promotion" ya know.

I also think he'd answer the question about how it went down when he join the Eagles. I think it has been answered before many times, but I don't recall Joe answering is. It would be interesting to find out if it meshes with the story that has been published....Joe needed a band and he needed a situation in which he could "just play" and not run the show. But I'm not sure I've ever heard Joe speak to that issue. So much was contained in Mark Lane's two part view with Joe and it was deep and Joe was cooperating so intently on the questions. What a job Mark did with that interview and the prior research.

Another I thought of that he "might" get into and that would lead into follow up information: If the Eagles disbanded right now, would Joe continue performing and releasing new material, or would he settle into domestic life and only occasionally perform? Joe is overwhelmingly loyal to Eagles and puts them first above everything else except hopefully, his marriage. But he has stated several times that he has shelves of music he's written and more than enough for several albums that would just have to be mastered.

GOOD LUCK in choosing EF and CONGRATULATIONS!
    Last edited by MikeA; 08-25-2010 at 08:34 AM.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I tend to agree with Rhonda. I think the Stevie question should be a definite no no. It's way to personal IMO. I love the question about what his reaction was when he was asked to join the Eagles. And ask if he's glad he did. JK

BTW--Congrats to you EF and to Karen. I hope it all works out and Karen gets another phone call.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I see you guys' point about the Stevie question. It is, however, telling that they did not forbid it (ie, "Ask him anything BUT the Stevie question"). However I think everyone here is making good sense and I'm sure whichever one you go with, you'll be great!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I think this idea has Joe written all over it. I can just hear them explaining to him that the contestants will submit a question via email and he can answer them on the air. And Joe saying, "Oh, I'll just give 'em a call and talk to them in person."
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

EF and Karen, congratulations on being chosen!

I really like Mike's questions about his favorite song and the one about if he would continue to perform if the Eagles gave it up. Ooooh, how to decide?! Good luck!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Wow!! VERY cool EF!! I'm so happy for you!!

I sure hope Karen gets another chance to talk to Joe.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."