Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to Joe

Default Re: Talk to Joe

Yeah, can you imagine finding out that you missed a call from JOE WALSH!!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Ticky said Karen was from 'Au'. Does that mean Australia? Why did they not take account of the time difference? We are currently 17 hours ahead of US Pacific Time. That means here it is 9.17 am on August 26. In LA it is 4.17 pm on August 25.

Thanks everyone, and I hope that Karen gets another chance! So I was at school today, and during my lunch period, I got the best phone call ever! I can't believe I talked with Joe Walsh! Of course, he started off by saing, "Hey Zoe, how ya doin'?" OMG Joe said my name lol! He said to me, don't be nervous, just pretend we've known each other since high school. I asked him the question about how the Eagles asked him to join the band. Basically, to put it short, he said that the Eagles started as a country rock band, but they wanted something to change things up a little, so they had asked Joe. Then he said that's when they wrote Hotel California. I also told him about how I saw him and the Eagles in concert over the summer. I was really nervous though haha (I could barely spit the words out at first ). I was shaking from excitement! He was very nice, and I just CAN'T believe I spoke with him. This just made my life!!!!

Stuck on the Border

Congratulations!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

AHH!! EF!! How freakin cool is that?? *G* And how cool is it that you were at school when he called! hehehe Im glad you asked him the eagls question and Ill have to listen closely to Eagles Radio and see if I can hear the question. Im really interested in hearing how he put it and what he said. I kind of figured he'd give you a pretty condensed version but it was a great question anyway. Congrats!! Im happy for you!!

Border Desperado

That is so cool. Glad he made your life! It'll probably be a few days before your feet hit the ground again.

EF, I'm so happy for you! I love that he told you to "just pretend we've known each other since high school." Are you in high school yet or do you have another year to go?

Let's have all the juicy details. When you got on the phone was Joe already on there or did somebody else speak to you first? Did Joe know ahead of time what question you were going to ask? Did they tell you that the call would be recorded? Did Joe sound just like himself?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Ticky said Karen was from 'Au'. Does that mean Australia? Why did they not take account of the time difference? We are currently 17 hours ahead of US Pacific Time. That means here it is 9.17 am on August 26. In LA it is 4.17 pm on August 25.
    "Yes", Karen and her family live in Australia. She is a BIG fan of Joe's...and a good friend of mine too. I'm grieved that she missed Joe's call.

As for the time difference, remember that Joe was only drunk ONE TIME....for 30 years according to him. You can't expect him to do technical things like allow for Time Zones <LOL>

Poor Karen <sigh>

Hey, HAPPY for YOU EF!
    Last edited by MikeA; 08-26-2010 at 10:10 AM.

MikeA

Thanks Ticky! haha Woodstock, it WAS very cool. PM, yes, it was really funny, because I am a sophomore in high school. Someone called me, and asked for "Zoe, for the Eagles Radio contest." No, it was not Joe. But when he told us to start talking, Joe did the whole introduction. I'm not sure if he knew what question I was going to ask, but if I had to guess, I would say he did know. They said on the email that the phone call would be captured and aired on Eagles Radio. YES YES! He sounded just like he normally does! I was freaking out right when I heard him start talking

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

EF, this is fantastic! Congratulations! How very ! Great question!

I'm so glad that he got you during lunch and not during a test or class or something where you couldn't answer your phone! Around here, they are making kids turn their phones off at school.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten