Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to Joe

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Default Re: Talk to Joe

WOW! That is super cool. LOL - I thought you were joking at first .

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    EF, this is fantastic! Congratulations! How very ! Great question!

I'm so glad that he got you during lunch and not during a test or class or something where you couldn't answer your phone! Around here, they are making kids turn their phones off at school.
    Well I talked to my principal about the whole contest, and what timeframe Joe would be calling. It was between 12pm and 1pm, but my lunch only goes until 12:30, then I have geometry. So my principal said that I could miss the first part of class in order to wait for his call haha. Usually we are not allowed to keep our phones on though.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is absolutely very cool that you got chosen to talk to Joe, EF. I know that's an experience that you'll never forget! Sounds like you done good. I'll bet your principal was wishing they were the one getting the call though!

And what a shame that Karen missed her call.I can imagine how disappointing that must be.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

EF, this is cool! Congrats!

I found this article The Eagles Joe Walsh Answers Fans Calls Tonight
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

EF........That is a kewl skeul you go to! The school went to wouldn't let us take phone calls unless it was a family emergency....but wait. When I went to school, we didn't even have calculators....we had to use slide rules!

But I'm glad your School Principal was understanding about the importance of Classic Rock and the People who made that Music! Good ON Them!

I just thought of another question that might be a good one. I'd be interested anyway:

"Joe, how much time do you spend working the Eagles Radio Station and when do you find the time to do it?"
    Last edited by MikeA; 08-27-2010 at 10:07 AM.

MikeA

Out on the Border

Is there someone who recorded the interview please?

I got a chance to hear Joe's conversations with the people that won the contest (EF, you sounded great! )

I was excited to hear Joe has a new solo album in the works (he said its 4/5ths done) and says he will consider touring on his own if and when the Eagles stop. He also mentioned that he was almost positive Don is working on a new solo album too and said he was going to try and get some of his "band mates" to join him on Eagles radio sometime.

Haha, thanks Wildthyme. Did you hear it on Eagles Radio? Because I would like to hear the interviews too.
    Im really anxious to hear his new album! I had no clue that Don was also working on a solo album. That should be exciting when he's done with it!
    You know, I was wondering... Is Joe the only one that runs Eagles Radio? Why don't the other members do anything on there?

I heard your conversation with Joe EF. You did great. They have the conversations up on eaglesfans.com

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Thanks for the info WC.

Zoe, I'm impressed girl! You sounded cool as a cucumber! (Well, maybe not quite that cool, but you didn't sound too nervous!) I would have loved to have been you at that moment!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.