Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to Joe

Default Re: Talk to Joe

Thanks whitcap and PM I was so nervous though! I was literally shaking, and I could barely spit the words out of my mouth My boyfriend was with me when I was on the phone, and he knows that I'm obsessed with the Eagles. So he was just chuckling at how crazy I was acting. He asked how old Joe is and I said in his 60's. He was joking around asking me if Joe's going to be my next husband

How crazy is it to be picked for a question?!? Congratulations on getting to talk to Joe! I know he's good at talking to nervous fans. You must have listened to his advice, Good Job!
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

I just finished listening to all of the calls. The most exciting news is that he's putting out a solo album and that One Day At A Time is going to be on it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I just finished listening to all of the calls. The most exciting news is that he's putting out a solo album and that One Day At A Time is going to be on it!
    Has he bracketed that "solo album" by any dates Cathy?

I ask because he's said for at least 7 years now that he has enough material in the can to put out a couple of albums of new stuff. He's said that it is pure Rock & Roll. I've no doubt these statements are true. However, I not sure how current those new works are. He may be stalling until he has time to rework them or some of them considering his current "state of being". It will be fantastic though no matter what he releases.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Zoe--I am so excited for you!! Will go listen to it later. Very sad for Karen tho. If it's already been on, it doesn't sound like she gets a redo. Bummer!

Just imagining being in high school and getting a phone call from an Eagle during the day while there. Wonder how many of the kids would even realize who Joe Walsh or the Eagles are.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I got up early (for my son, not early for me) and played golf Sunday morning with a tee time of 7:30am. We'd gotten there at a little before 7am thinking we'd go ahead and get our cart and get it loaded and then spend some time stretching. Well, wen we got there the Clubhouse was still closed and there were several people on the putting green and a few who were walking who had gone ahead and took to the course even though the flags hadn't been put on the greens.

About 7:20, this old codger drives up in a dilapidated pickup truck and sonders slowly into the clubhouse looking as though he was on a 10 years binge and barely able to find the right keys to open the clubhouse up!

He mumbled and grumbled as he took money from those in front of us looking and sounding as though he'd rather be cleaning sewers than doing what he was doing! Then it came our turn to pay. When I got to the counter to sign in his face broke into the closest thing he obviously to a pleasant expression.

I quickly glanced to be sure my fly was zipped and realized then what he was smiling at. I had on a Joe Walsh tee shirt that I seldom ever wear. Most of mine are black but this one happened to be the only white shirt I had that morning. He was a big fan of Joe's and had caught him early on with the Eagles. He'd taken a tour bus from Wichita to Kansas City back in the mid-seventies. He said that he didn't remember a lot about that concert...apparently they had quite a party on the trip up to the show <LOL>

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Has he bracketed that "solo album" by any dates Cathy?
    You should listen to the calls if you get a chance Mike. You can listen here.

He talked about the album with more than one caller. He said it's 4/5 done. He said the Eagles come first and when he has some free time he works on it. He said he goes to the studio in the mornings. I'm sure that's a lot different than his old work ethic!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Love hearing the calls of the lucky ppl, cracks me up how Joe can't take a compliment, you can even hear him blushing over the radio. He sounds so embarassed when his fans say they love him and care about him. He's so gentle and thoughtful with their feelings, tho.
    And I absolutely love his chuckle. that crackly kinda heh heh heh that he does. Made me laugh along with him. I love that wild sense of humor, ruins me for other fellers...rock on forever Joe

But the best words of all "touring" with the new album release!!!!
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Wow Zoe!!! That is so cool!! I'm so happy for you. You sounded great!!
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Zoey: You did well...VERY WELL!

MikeA