Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspen, CO 09-04-10

Default Re: Party of 2 in Aspen

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA
    Just goes to show that at least at one time, they really were just "Ordinary Average Guys". Very likely wondering how long it would be before they had money to EAT ON! Somehow, I don't think THAT's going to be a concern of theirs any more <LOL>
    I think he must have been rich by then to be living in Aspen (unless he was just visiting), but still, he apparently had the mentality of an ordinary average guy, which is just as good!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think he must have been rich by then to be living in Aspen (unless he was just visiting), but still, he apparently had the mentality of an ordinary average guy, which is just as good!
    Maybe he just didn't want to be DUI? Also, the hitchhiking incident may have been a few years before she was working for Carol Wayne & saw him driving around. She certainly would have picked him up, it's just that the other driver beat her to it !

If I recall my "history" of the Colorado communities, back in the early 70's, Aspen was a haven for aspiring artists, much as was Laurel Canyon and not the hideout for the exclusively rich!

I know that Joe lived in a little community about 30 miles from Boulder though the name of it escapes me now....It was and is a very beautiful and inspiring location with scenery that just blows your mind...or at least the minds of most of us "flatlanders" <LOL> The canyon highway between Boulder and that town was a motorcycle heaven! Twisty with a stream running alongside the road the entire way and wildlife everywhere. I think Joe was working on the "Barnstorm" release while living there. Later, after getting married, I think he did move on into Boulder where tragedy struck when his daughter Emma's life was taken in that automobile accident.

My wife and I drove through Aspen a few years ago and it has definitely become a haven for the "pretty people"....especially the rich ones. I wonder today how much of the "crafty" merchandise found there is made in China today?

I know there is some stuff that truly is hand crafted by the local artists. But most that I've seen is not. I recall watching a man in Manitou Springs in Colorado in a Leather Hand Craft shop. He did make belts by hand, if you consider that the belts were all machine stamped to resemble hand tooled leather floral work and the Names or Initials he put on the back of the belts were stamped on with alphabet stamps! This caught my attention because I tool leather myself and never used a stamp for lettering and never made anything with machine embossing on it...I did all the floral and figurative work by hand.

But with that experience with leather, I do know that no one could keep prices on merchandise down low enough and make enough product to have a viable financial venture from it.

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Fantastic reviews everyone! Sounds like a good time was had by all. I so wish I could have been there, but reading all about it here at least makes me feel like I was. It sounds (and looks) like Glenn and Joe were in fine form!

Gl, backstage passes?! Whoever heard of such a thing, in recent years anyways!

And welcome to all you newbies that have found this wonderful, Eagle loving place! Stick around and you'll have a great time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks everyone for letting us all share in your adventures. As always Nancy a stellar job also a shout-out to Cami for jump-starting all the reviews. Glad everyone had a good time.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I know that Joe lived in a little community about 30 miles from Boulder though the name of it escapes me now....It was and is a very beautiful and inspiring location with scenery that just blows your mind...or at least the minds of most of us "flatlanders" <LOL> The canyon highway between Boulder and that town was a motorcycle heaven! Twisty with a stream running alongside the road the entire way and wildlife everywhere. I think Joe was working on the "Barnstorm" release while living there. Later, after getting married, I think he did move on into Boulder where tragedy struck when his daughter Emma's life was taken in that automobile accident.
    I'm pretty sure you're referring to Nederland and the Caribou Ranch studio where Barnstorm was recorded. Nederland is now known mostly as the location of the Frozen Dead Guy Days festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    My wife and I drove through Aspen a few years ago and it has definitely become a haven for the "pretty people"....especially the rich ones. I wonder today how much of the "crafty" merchandise found there is made in China today?
    There may be a lot of stuff like that but there is also plenty of very very expensive crafty stuff made in the U.S. and elsewhere. A couple of our favorite stores include one that sells unusual and very expensive artsy stuff. Each year they feature different types of "art". This summer they have glass like stuff, it's got a name and if my wife wasn't in bed I could tell you Another store has some amazing fossil tables and other fossilized stuff like a T-Rex and Shark Skull and the third is a photography studio with amazing photographs of natural wonders.

No doubt it's changed over the years and some things will never be like they used to be. Sometimes that good and other times bad. Depends on what's going on inside the head behind the eyeballs.
    My thoughts & pictures from Glenn and Joe in Aspen here
    Follow my journey to almost free TV here.
    Random thoughts from Curmudgeon Dave here

..are there no pictures of the concert???????

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    ..are there no pictures of the concert???????
    Someone posted a link early to some official photo's. I have some photo's in my blog take from my phone at the link in my signature.

There is also a link to a great professional photographer who should have photo's up soon.
    My thoughts & pictures from Glenn and Joe in Aspen here
    Follow my journey to almost free TV here.
    Random thoughts from Curmudgeon Dave here

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I knew that if I really got down and danced like I wanted to in a setting like this where I was only limited by the amount of space I had, my feet would pay the price. So, I said "Screw it" and took off my high-heeled boots. This is a festival, not a fashion show. Standing barefoot in the grass at the fence dividing the audience from the stage and brimming with excitement from the top of my head down to my newly naked toes, I was more than ready for the show!
    Well said sister! I remember you and I limping around after Timothy's solo show, and I vowed never to wear uncomfortable shoes to a concert again.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Well said sister! I remember you and I limping around after Timothy's solo show, and I vowed never to wear uncomfortable shoes to a concert again.

Such lightweights!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low