Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Aspen, CO 09-04-10

Default Re: Party of 2 in Aspen

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFanatic View Post
    Interesting point AEF. That is nice that they do that.
    This doesn't have to do with PO2, but I was just curious if anyone saw Lynyrd Skynyrd at the music festival up there. I think they played the day after Joe and Glenn.
    We stayed on in Snowmass after the PoT concert but didn't go to the festival the next day, so we didn't see Lynyrd Skynyrd. I didn't hear any talk about the LS show either.

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    I'm going to post this here and Nancy can move it if she fieels it belongs someplace else. I watched the Don Henley videos that were shot at Red Rock and it looks to ME, like Will Hollis, Scott Cargo and Wayne Perry were backing Don as well as Glenn and Joe.It's nice that they use the same people in their showes.
    Yes, you're right, AzEF. All 3 of them played with Glenn & Joe too.

Lynyrd Skynyrd still puts on a pretty good show. Johnny Van Zant (Ronnie Van Zant's baby brother) is their front-man now. I've seen them a couple of times. Johnny's vocals are understandably very close to brother Ronnie's back in the day.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Hey, if it's anywhere near the East Coast, or even it's remotely plausible that you think I might be able to make it with you, please let me know! That show sounded fantastic! I'm psyched that you all had such a great time!
    You can count on it, Eva. The show was great. We would have loved it if you had been there with us. We'll keep our fingers crossed for another show. And OBTW, it's official - I had a case of PPoTW set in a couple of days ago.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    You can count on it, Eva. The show was great. We would have loved it if you had been there with us. We'll keep our fingers crossed for another show. And OBTW, it's official - I had a case of PPoTW set in a couple of days ago.
    The PPoTW is starting to set in for me as well. Harold said even he is feeling it! (after I explained what it was of course.

Default Re: Aspen, CO 09-04-10

I finally got around to scanning the T shirt I got at the concert. There were no special Party of Two merchandise, but as you can see, Glenn & Joe's names are on it.

Very nice GL!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Late to the party here but I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments about the show; seems it was a heck of a time. I'm jealous!

As an ancillary note... Henley solo tells stories and generally seems to have a light, easy time. It sounds as though Frey and Walsh joked around and considered it more of a party than a job. Yet on the Eagles shows... nothing. Just the scripted jokes. I wonder what it is about the foursome that dulls the spontaneity.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ABM - This is nothing more than my humble opinion but I think the Eagles always had a rather stoic stage performance even back in the early days. I guess they may have just decided to maintain the same stage presence - you know, in like the "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" mentality. I remember Glenn remarking before (I think on the F1 DVD interview) that they have to stay pretty close to their mikes. They can't stray too far because of all that gorgeous harmonizing.

But - it was fun to watch Joe and Glenn being so spontaneous on stage at this show. They looked like they were really enjoying themselves.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I don't remember these pictures being posted, http://www.flickr.com/photos/gonzoshots/5105293522/