Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspen, CO 09-04-10

Out on the Border

Default Re: Party of 2 in Aspen

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Dave, thank you so much for your review and photos. I see the leather jacket made an appearance.
    It was kinda funny, as you may see in the early daylight photo's, When they started, Joe had a jacket and Glenn didn't. After a few songs Joe took off his jacket and a song or two later Glenn put his on.

I took more pictures but the camera technology in the Droid combined with my poor photography skill, the results were less then stellar.

I added a few more, the rest unfortunately are pretty bad.
    My thoughts & pictures from Glenn and Joe in Aspen here
    Follow my journey to almost free TV here.
    Random thoughts from Curmudgeon Dave here

Nice review Dave. You did a much better job with your phone than I did with mine - my pictures didn't turn out at all. Oh well I am sure there will be others posting photos around the web since there were many pro photographers and just as many people with their phones and even cameras taking photos around me.

I saw the guy with the three kids that you talked about in your blog. I was in the second row all day with my friends and he tried to encroach on us initially while a few of the group were away getting drinks between shows. Then I saw him encouraging the kids to shove their way up to the fence that first time and the kids refusing to do it. They did leave but he didn't give up. A little later in the show he and the kids came up on the other side of us and he tried to make them do the same thing. They were just as reluctant (to their credit). At the same time he stood beside me and tried to maneuver me out of the way and its not like he couldn't see over me - I am only 5'4"! I do think that the crowd closing in and jockeying for position is the way of these kinds of shows even for people who are initially spread out earlier in the day (we have a concert venue with similar lawn seating) but shoving people out of the way when you are a late arrival is just incredibly rude.

I do have to say even though I was only there for 32 hours I really enjoyed the Aspen/Snomass area and I hope to get back there sometime in the near future to see it again. We had a fantastic time in the short time we were there and it was so much fun to see Nancy, Kay, and Lissa again and to meet Ann and Harold (have we converted him into an Eagles-phile yet? ).

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Nice review Dave. You did a much better job with your phone than I did with mine - my pictures didn't turn out at all. Oh well I am sure there will be others posting photos around the web since there were many pro photographers and just as many people with their phones and even cameras taking photos around me.

I saw the guy with the three kids that you talked about in your blog. I was in the second row all day with my friends and he tried to encroach on us initially while a few of the group were away getting drinks between shows. Then I saw him encouraging the kids to shove their way up to the fence that first time and the kids refusing to do it. They did leave but he didn't give up. A little later in the show he and the kids came up on the other side of us and he tried to make them do the same thing. They were just as reluctant (to their credit). At the same time he stood beside me and tried to maneuver me out of the way and its not like he couldn't see over me - I am only 5'4"! I do think that the crowd closing in and jockeying for position is the way of these kinds of shows even for people who are initially spread out earlier in the day (we have a concert venue with similar lawn seating) but shoving people out of the way when you are a late arrival is just incredibly rude.

I do have to say even though I was only there for 32 hours I really enjoyed the Aspen/Snomass area and I hope to get back there sometime in the near future to see it again. We had a fantastic time in the short time we were there and it was so much fun to see Nancy, Kay, and Lissa again and to meet Ann and Harold (have we converted him into an Eagles-phile yet? ).
    You must have been right in front of us

We love it here. We just returned from the hot tub and now I'm enjoying a glass of wine on our last night of bliss before driving home in the morning. It's expensive for sure. Tonight my wife had a personal size pizza and I had a meatball panini. I had one soft drink and one refill and we split a Connoli. $56 with tip.

Ok, I admit it, the food was delicious and it's not like we were surprised, we eat there every year

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Videos of the show are already on You Tube.

Back home! I'll write up a review later, but a few thoughts now.

Welcome to our new members. Nice photos, Dave. I'm glad you liked the show.

Going to this concert was like going to a wild party thrown by Glenn and Joe who were the hosts as well as the entertainment. The crowd was rowdy but totally into it. I was dancing away and having a blast.

We got there at 2:00 pm and at that point it was like a little picnic area - folks on blankets and in little lawn chairs sipping drinks and reading magazines. By 7:15 when Joe and Glenn came out, that idyllic little pastoral scene had become a throng of people ready to rock, myself among them.

Glenn and Joe were amazing. The only problem was that it was too short. Even so, it was one of the most fun concerts I have ever been to.

Tomorrow, I'll do my write-up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Here are some videos of the show from youtube

The end of Peaceful Easy Feeling
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Tj6T3rcRQ[/ame]

Funk 49
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdnPFVGVjgo[/ame]

Take it Easy
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRvmh0b_Igs[/ame]

Life's Been Good
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmWUvM3myk[/ame]

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Welcome Dave and thank you for your photos and the review!

whitcap, thanks for finding the videos!

Soda, I'm looking forward to read your review!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Dave, thanks for your review from me as well. We must have been very close to you. I saw the kids too. From your pictures it looks like Dreamer, WT & I were a little closer to the centre of the stage than you were. Harold, PLS & Soda were a little further down along the fence, probably nearer you.

Harold & I hope to take in the hot tub tomorrow. We know what you mean by the price of the food. Delicious though! The rest of the week we plan to prepare most of our meals at the condo. We are at the Laurelwood Condos. Are you anywhere near?

Cami, Harold had a fantastic time meeting you 4 & rocking at the concert. He says he felt young again, except when we were walking up the hill after saying goodbye to you. The altitude really hit us! Harold is a convert (although he has always liked the Eagles music) but I can't go so far as to call him an Eagle-phile, LOL! He's ready to come back to Aspen again anytime.

Soda, glad to hear you got home safely. Hope you can get some rest before going back to work. I was sooo happy rockin' at the concert that I was almost in tears! I never thought that I would see any of the Eagles again, let alone be such a short distance from Glenn ! Harold says he saw Glenn look directly at Soda & a couple of times he looked right at where I was standing' so he had to have seen Dreamer, Cami & me!

The first thing I noticed as they came out on stage was how good Glenn looks! He looks much younger in person & even more handsome (if that's possible)! They both looked so happy & into the show, making more faces than usual, especially Glenn! His facial expressions were priceless! Of course Joe's always are!

I'm still on my "Rocky mountain high" & I don't expect to come down for awhile!

"For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Dave, thanks for your review from me as well. We must have been very close to you. I saw the kids too. From your pictures it looks like Dreamer, WT & I were a little closer to the centre of the stage than you were. Harold, PLS & Soda were a little further down along the fence, probably nearer you.

Harold & I hope to take in the hot tub tomorrow. We know what you mean by the price of the food. Delicious though! The rest of the week we plan to prepare most of our meals at the condo. We are at the Laurelwood Condos. Are you anywhere near?
    I'm not sure where the Laurelwood Condos are, we are at the Limelight Lodge in Aspen which is across from Wagner Park. Meals in the condo is a great way to save some money.

If you get a chance go to Maroon Bells, spectacular scenery and if you're into it, some nice hiking from very easy on up. You can get there from either Aspen or Snowmass via bus. If you have a car consider Ashcroft. Both offer free guided tours, although I'm not sure if they're still giving them this late in the summer.