Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspen, CO 09-04-10

Default Re: Party of 2 in Aspen

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    TIME TO ROCK!!!!
    "Ladies and Gentleman, we present to you Hall of Fame members and Grammy award winners Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh!!!"

[Audience erupts!!!]
    What a nice intro!

Without further ado, they plunged into the rocker "Walk Away." That catchy opening riff gets folks going every time and the song's energy keeps them there! The little girls next to me and I were literally jumping up and down, and everyone around me was rocking out as the adrenaline of the entire crowd surged with the song. The crowd was wild for them already and would just get more amped up as the show progressed. They had us at hello!
    Walk Away is my favorite Joe song and a great way to get the crowd going! And I love your Jerry Mcquire reference.

Ordinary Average Guy
    Then, into the song intro! Joe began by saying, with a completely straight face as he always does, that while he and Glenn are rock stars, they're really just ordinary average guys. They take out the trash and mow their lawns

Glenn chimed in that yeah, they're totally ordinary, besides the planes and mansions and all.
    It sounds like they were really interacting with each other much more than we get to see at an Eagles show, and understandably so. This was a much looser show and I would have loved to seen it.

Lyin' Eyes
    Before going into this, Glenn said he smelled smoke... cigar smoke... and that people should be smoking other things besides cigars! (I should say that I smelled some nasty skunk smell which PLS informed me was 'skunk weed.' My response: "People smoke something that smells like SKUNKS?")

In the City
    I did notice that Joe changed up the guitar solo, not only here but on other songs as well.
    I love it when he changes it up!

You Belong to the City
    I love this song - its building intensity, its drama, that interplay between guitar and sax, Glenn at the keyboard... and, to my delight, he sang it without falsetto! Danny Grenier joined him on the verses like Tim used to do when the Eagles performed it. The audience was completely into this and while it seemed at the end Glenn wasn't quite satisfied with how the song went down, everybody else was loving it... including me!
    I love this song too. What made you think this? What did he do?

Life in the Fast Lane
    As GL already said, Glenn and Joe shared lead vocals equally - Joe sang the first verse, Glenn the second, and they went back and forth on the third. I loved it. Man, it is so freaking cool to see an Eagles song like this done so differently and still sounding so incredible.
    I would have loved to seen this. When I saw Joe solo at the IL State Fair he did it but one of his backup singers sang lead on it. This sounds so cool!

I Hear You Knocking
    I wondered at there being no Desperado, but honestly I didn't miss it hugely because I like it when the show ends with a rocker rather than a ballad. End with a BANG, I say!
    Me too!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're referring to Nederland
    YES, Nederland. We stopped there on one of our canyon rides at a restaurant on a corner with a lot of tables outside. That town is "All Corners" <LOL>

I'm sure you are right Dave about the authentic stuff. Some tourist towns are more devoted to arts and crafts than others and with the people that Aspen attracts, I'm sure that there are a lot of shops (maybe most even) that carry real art. That is not the case in many tourist type towns. I do know it is a beautiful place and Colorado has several. I dearly love to tour the Rockies and have done so from Estes Park to Teluride.

MikeA

PM, re "You Belong To The City", near the end of the song Glenn turned around & looked at the band, I think 3 times, and appeared to give them the "Frey eye". I remarked to Dreamer that Glenn wasn't too happy about something! When he went towards the back of the stage to get his guitar for the next song it looked like he gave the band a brief talking to.

One other small thing that came to mind when I was typing this-although we didn't see much of Otis after the concert started, he did bring one of Glenn's guitars out to him. I can't get over how adorable Otis is! Dreamer said that he is learning the "family business".

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So, didn't anyone else get any photos? You regulars are usually so good at this...........come on......give 'em up!

And we need to see how adorable Otis is these days!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So, didn't anyone else get any photos? You regulars are usually so good at this...........come on......give 'em up!
    The festival was very adamant about not bring cameras saying they "would be confiscated at the gate" so most of us didn't take them in with us. And they had big signs on the fence saying "no photos" and the security staff seemed to be keeping an eye out for cameras. Of course I should have realized they wouldn't look twice at me at the gate because I was not carrying a bag (not like they were doing pat-downs) and stuck my camera in my pocket because by the time the guys were on there were people with cameras and phones snapping pictures all around me. I tried a few shots with my phone but the light was funky and the shots didn't turn out. Oh well.

I do know GL's hubby got some photos (and video I think) but we will have to wait for them until after they get home from their trip...

It's really getting hard for them to police that "no-photo, no-video, no-audio" policy what with all the sophisticated telephone technology. Very little difference between some of the phones and the lower end cameras!

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

WT-quote-The festival was very adamant about not bring cameras saying they "would be confiscated at the gate" so most of us didn't take them in with us. And they had big signs on the fence saying "no photos" and the security staff seemed to be keeping an eye out for cameras.

Yeah, I'm thinking "since when did that stop us?"
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I know of one lady who was always able to provide professional quality photos of virtually any Eagles show regardless as to the "camera Nazis". She took a 35mm with a telephoto lens in to the concerts....camera tucked into her blouse!

I'll say NO MORE about that other than it would be impossible for one of the male persuasion to get away with that!

MikeA

My camera is busted, and my phone is the cheap kind with a crappy camera. Besides, my angle wasn't good for photos. I just hope Harold and Ann's photos turn out, because there is a surprising paucity of them on the internet other than those Dave mentioned and Koala linked to.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda... love your sig!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--