Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don's Illness

Default Re: Don's Illness

Hmmm maybe he threw his back out and that was why the shows were postponed? It would make sense that he might not want to take any chances right now playing drums if it might mess things up...

It definitely sounds like it could have been his back. He has mentioned before how playing the drums and singing at the same time has damaged his back. He has had massages before every show since the '70s, apparently, because of it. Thank goodness he's back up and running, though. I hope this won't mark a permanent end to his drumming... Although it would be perfectly understandable if he had to cut down during live shows. If he needs a new masseuse, I'm ready, willing and able!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    If he needs a new masseuse, I'm ready, willing and able!

How did I know that was coming from you?

I'm anxious to see some video from last night now of the songs that he's usually on the drums for. I bet that was a bit strange to see.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Just puttin' myself out there. I need a new job anyway...

I'm with you on the video thing. Would love to see him performing LITFL standing at a mic!

Default Re: Eagles in Louisville, KY 10-16-10

Rumour is Don had a stent put in his heart! According to an Article on the Houston Press! Don't know if this is true or not...i guess we will have to wait and see!!
    http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/...ity_limi_1.php

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles in Louisville, KY 10-16-10

" News coming out of the media tent: Don Henley of the Eagles had a stent put in his heart this past week. He will be singing and possibly playing guitar, but not exerting himself on drums. This could very well be the last Eagles show for a while - if ever, knowing his temperament."
    Is this suppose to be funny? I sure don't find it so! Wonder if it's true about the stent tho.

ETA: I wonder if this also could be why the added opening act....for a shorter setlist so he doesn't over do it either???? Speculation of course.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting this Britt. I hope you don't mind, but I moved your post to this thread for folks who may be coming here for an update.

Hmmm - I wonder if this is true. It would make sense that he wouldn't be drumming for a little while if he did have a stent. In any event, he's looking good so the miracles of modern medicine must be working well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

So Don might have had some blockage - wow, more serious than we thought, but at least he's okay. It's amazing how he could go through this and be back on stage in a matter of days!

I agree with you, TBF. I don't find the comment about Don's temperment appropriate in this circumstance.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I confess I was freaking out when Willie text me about this a little while ago... After reading up about heart stents (I didn't know much about them before), I feel a little more reassured. I just hope with everything I've got that he will make a full recovery and be just fine. It's definitely a great sign that he was doing his thing up on stage last night, apparently in good spirits. He would need to avoid the drums, and any other vigorous exercise, for a little while, so that's to be expected.

God, I wish these guys would stop scaring us like this! I don't know if I can take it. I just wish him ALL the best. (And the offer of a masseuse still applies...) Get well soon, Don.

As for the comment about his temperament... lame, insensitive and uncalled for.

Here is another article in relation to Don's medical issues. I sure hope he's gonna be Ok! Whether he plays the drums again for the Eagles or not... I guess time will tell!