Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Don's Illness

Default Re: Don's Illness

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Now I'm really confused. Do we completely disregard the firsthand info from the band's crew and believe Irving's statement? How do we know that they didn't want the truth leaked and came up with this knee story?

"Is the head dead yet? Get the widow on the set..." is probably what Henley is thinking if he reads any of this stuff about him. Truth is stranger than fiction to be sure.

Anyway, my money is on the crew member being right and Irving trying to cover it up because of dollars and cents. Tour insurance on Henley would go up, in fact probably way up, if he had a stent inserted into an artery despite the almost routine nature of the procedure nowdays-ex-Pres Clinton had two put in this past winter. Not so much with a bum knee.

If I remember correctly, Henley quit college back in the day because his father was dying from heart problems. So maybe heart disease runs in the family-or his dad was a smoker. Anyway that's my two cents.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Stuck on the Border

Whitcap alerted me to this thread & I hope that Don is OK & can resume playing drums before they reach Australia.

As much as I enjoy Don playing drums, if his mood continues to be as good as it was in Indy, I'd prefer that he didn't!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

It's a bit off topic but...
    I have noticed that Don's illness and therefor had to be reschedule some concert, in the German press was not mentioned. It was quite different as Timothy was ill, there were several articles to read about it. This has surprised me.
    As, Don is more famous at us, because if to hear Solo songs on the radio (or the eagles are mentioned somewhere e.g., in the TV) these are mostly of Don ( or Glenn) and not from Tim.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Maybe Timothy is just more forthcoming with his fans. I think he probably gave the okay to have his illness mentioned in the press - Don did not. And that's his right. Some people are more private than others. I'd still like to know Don's story though.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

There you could be right of course.
    On the other hand, one could simply also have written. Due to illness of Don Henley had / have some concerts are rescheduled.
    Much more did not stand at Timothy articles. But is indeed not really matter!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)