Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis 10-12-2010

Default Re: Indianapolis 10-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Shadowland, thank you thank you thank you!!! I have been looking for pictures, a review - anything from our show and hadn't found anything except for those youtube videos. You made my day!

Joe was wearing his Ramones t shirt but never took his jacket off so that I could see those big arms that have been mentioned lately , but Glenn took his overshirt off for the goodbyes as you can see from SL's pictures.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! Fabulous pictures Sl! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

Hi! I finally got some thoughts together. There is no way I could top Cathy, so won't even try.

PRE-CONCERT:Since I went by myself I went early. I got a great parking spot just across the alley from the entrance; same lot where Cathy saw all the radio trucks. After they opened the doors I went to the customer service booth to see about getting to my floor seat without having to use the stairs;hopefully i could use an elevator. They made arrangements to have an usher take me down later when i was ready. I decided to grab a bite to eat first.(There is a little story here I think you will like.) As I'm eating a young couple maybe 21 years old came and asked to share my table since space is limited. Nancy will like this part. They were from Brookston, which is near Lafayette. The girl said she loved the Eagles music because her parents played it all the time. The boy said he really wanted to hear "The Heart of the Matter". It surprised me that he would pick that song. I hated to tell him he would not hear it because it is not on the setlist. We talked about the Eagles and Mellencamp and then headed to our seats. Just thought there are still young people who also like our boys.

By now it's time to go to my seat. The usher took me down to the floor and around hallways I've never had access to before. I could hear music coming from the arena. He told that was JD. At that point I just knew we were going to get the 3 hour show. Now some of my thoughts on a few of the songs.

SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD:Finally got to hear it live. The harmonies are so beautiful. I just wish they would do the entire song.
    From my 8th row seat they looked AWESOME. I was 5 rows behing Cathy.

HOTEL CALIFORNIA:This is my 2nd favorite song of theirs. When I hear Steuart's opening I just get chills.

WITCHY WOMAN:This is my 3rd favorite song. I liked Don's intro about witchy with a "w". When he hits those high notes;WOW. I also love Glenn's guitar solo on this song.

THE LONG RUN:I've always liked the stuff with Don and Glenn and Don and Joe on this song. I remember Don saying they were taking a break and coming back and sing until curfew. I wonder if he knew then that one or two songs might be cut.(they had to be out so the floor could be readied for basketball).

INTERMISSION:At this point I went to meet Cathy. As she said we were discussing what a great mood Don was in tonight. I'm so glad we got together and I met my first "border". She and her husband are great people.

NO MORE CLOUDY DAYS:I love to hear Glenn sing this song and tonight his vocal was superb.

BEST OF MY LOVE:Glad this is back on the setlist. Sounded great tonight even if Don changed the ending a little ; I don' remember his singing the lines "every night and day".

LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN: This song is so haunting and with video behind them; you just have to see it live to really get the full effect.

WALK AWAY: Crowd has been waiting to rock with Joe.

ONE OF THESE NIGHTS: This is my favorite Eagles song. Don's performance on this tonight was just amazing. He was so into this and when he hit the hight notes,WOW. This is the 3rd time hearing it live and this was my far the best. Loved it;Loved it. ( I think I see a pattern here;most of my favorites are sung by Don.)

DIRTY LAUNDRY: I like Don and Joe's new hand routine at the beginning.

FUNK #49: Love watching Glenn and Joe on this song. You can see how much fun Glenn is having. I don,t think he gets enough credit for being the great guitar player I think he is.

HEARTACHE TONIGHT:Always rocks. When Glenn sings "nobody wants to go home now" the crowd always roars.

LIFE IN THE FAST LANE: I like Don out front for this song. You know I think I like him out front period. Sometimes he is hidden from me by the drums and cymbals. Liked the part at the end with all 3 guitars. I noticed Shadowland has a picture of it. Thank you.

TAKE IT EASY: Such a great sing-a-long song,especially tonight.

DESPERADOon fabulous as always. I had my zoom binoculars on his face for almost all of it.

A FEW MORE RANDOM THOUGHTS: I just remembered something on Funk or maybe Walk Away. Joe was really rockin and the solo near the end seemed to be longer than usual. I was watching Don and Glenn glancing at each other wondering when he was going to end the song;they just smiled at each other and shook their heads.

Wish they could have done "ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS DANCE". This seems to always be the song that is cut. I want to see Glenn dance.

WRAPPING UP:I am so glad I decided to go to this show. Seeing them 2 times in 5 days may be more than I can handle. I can't wait for Saturday. Hoping to meet up with a couple more "borders". I will try to post my thoughts on the Louisville show sometime Sunday night since I won't have my computer until then. Heading to Dayton now and then on to Louisville tomorrow.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great review Cheryl! Thanks for keeping us up on this! It's always fun to read everyone's reviews. Different people pick out different things and it keeps those who can't go a little happier.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

What can I say Shadowland......great photo!!

Love the photos, love the reviews... thanks guys!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    They are wonderful Shadowland!!! Glad you were able to go. To bad you didn't meet up with PM or Cheryl (is that right?) that were also there.

Do you live in Southern Indiana? I'm a Northern Hoosier myself but my son lives in Bloomington where he's going to IU.

I live in Westfield, right next to Carmel and Noblesville

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    I live in Westfield, right next to Carmel and Noblesville
    It seems that there's a school just north of Carmel on 31 called Westfield High School? I know the area...can't get to Bloomington from here without going through Carmel before hitting I-465 around Indy.

My first thought when I saw that Will pic was that Steph will be all over that one! He looks like he's really in deep thought in that one! Very nice!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Willie I love your new sig!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

****SIGH****** Me too!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low