Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta 10-15-2010

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Atlanta 10-15-2010

Thanks to everyone for the review & photos but I seem to have missed the story about why Don has not been playing drums. I hope he is alright by the time he gets to Australia. Can someone fill me in on what happened please?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the review & photos but I seem to have missed the story about why Don has not been playing drums. I hope he is alright by the time he gets to Australia. Can someone fill me in on what happened please?
    Don had his knee worked on. They had to postpone a few shows a couple weeks ago. Here is the thread about it.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Out on the Border

I consider myself an Eagles fan, but I have to admit that I was a bit dissapointed by the show in Atlanta. First, while the vocals of these guys were great, the sound mix was terrible in my opinion.
    I was not one of the privelidged few that were right up next to the stage, but instead was roaming around the entire grounds (working) and the mix didnt sound much better than it does on the you tube videos people have attached. The band did a VERY short sound check, not sure why, and honestly it was reflected when they hit the stage. No matter where I was, it was 'tinny' sounding, lacked bass, and was just poorly mixed.
    The band also changed their starting time, which in turned changed their set list from what was posted in Austin, which was a very good one. As another poster said, there was only one song from their latest, and I was dying to hear many of their latest- never happened.
    I too was very suprised they came out for a second encore- and pleased to hear more.
    On a final note, I must say that the band did not seem particularly excited about playing- kind of going through the motions.
    While I looked forward to the night with great anticipation since it was announced, I left a bit dissapointed- sorry, just MHO!

Welcome E1. Sorry your experience wasn't all you hoped for. They were certainly having a good time in Indianapolis!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed, E1. Maybe the sound was worsened by the fact that you were walking around so much?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hi,

I'm a new poster, and saw that DonFan wrote:

"They sang their abbreviated set list"

I'm thinking of seeing the band and want to know what that means. Did they used to play longer sets? Will they go back to playing longer sets soon? Do we know why the sets are shorter?

Thanks for any help that you can provide

Sign, they do the shorter set list when they have to based on the venue or the time they have to perform. When they have been part of festivals like ACL they had less time to perform (2 hours) so they used a shortened set list. When they are doing a 'regular" concert where they are the only performers then you can usually expect to get the full set-list.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DonFan, finally got to read your review. I'm so glad you had a good time and it was a nice night for an outdoor show. Bummer about the people getting in front of you when you were there before them.

And another song after Desperado? Fabulous! And pretty unbelievable!

Come back soon. We miss ya!

E1 and sign-welcome to The Border!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    The Eagles spread their wings at Piedmont Park

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-music-s...piedmont-park/
    I've just been reading through the comments on the above link - it seems 2 people lost their lives that night my heartfelt condolences to the loved ones, family and friends of those that passed away.
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

How awful! My prayers are with them, too.

DF, I don't think I've thanked you for your review - let me do so now! It blows my mind that they deviated from the planned setlist and threw in a song after Desperado. That kind of spontaneous act is pretty much unheard of at Eagles concerts. How thrilling for you! I'm so glad you got to see them again, even if the setlist was not the full deal.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten