I thought it might be interesting for some to hear a remembrance of Glenn Frey before he started playing in rock bands. I was in the the high school band at Dondero in Royal Oak at the same time he was. I didn't know him personally, but knew of him, he was a year ahead of me and lived nearby. He played in the marching band and was known as somewhat of a prodigy. I am not sure, but think he played a wind instument-sax? I recall overhearing a conversation between the band director-a Mr. Parker-and another student-I think the drum major named Dallas-about Glenn. He was quitting the marching band, which was quite grueling, to give more time to his interest in a rock'n roll band. Mr. Parker expressed disappointment and I believe he said that Glenn would probably regret his choice someday, because of his potential as a musician. I think this stuck with me because it was kind of scandalous and unique for that time and place. It was a decidedly nonconformist decision for the Leave it to Beaver generation. There was something happening and the best part was just over the horizon. I think now that it was the feeling of confirming the cultural change that was going on-something about the power of the new and unusual music that belonged to the kids-Glenn was making a choice, as a kid, that resonated in some way with everyone in that circle. I think that this was in 1964.