Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville, KY 10-16-10

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Louisville, KY 10-16-10

Well I just wanted to pop in here to let everyone know I'm back at home - tired, but happy. I have a very busy day, so I won't have time to post much until later. For now, I'll just say it was great meeting Cheryl and her sister and Rick and his wife - all were very nice people. As far as the show - for right now, I'll sum it up in two words ...

AWE SOME!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Fabulous review, Soda! Thanks so much for taking us there. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! And from the pics and videos we've seen, the guys are looking and sounding as awesome as ever!

Dreamer, can't wait to get your take, too! You ladies ROCK!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

WHAT A FABULOUS SHOW! Meeting Soda and Dreamer and Rick and his wife was fun. I will have my review up tomorrow night; been under the weather today. MUST ME PEW. Almost forgot; Dreamer will help me put some pictures on here since I have no clue how to do it. Both girls have seen them and said they need to be shared. Check back later.

Ooooh!! Can't wait to see your pics, cheryl.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    No More Walks in the Wood
    Dreamer pointed out to me that Joe wasn't actually singing on this. I knew you couldn't pick out his voice but it wasn't until I watched the screen where you can see him up close that I realized his lips weren't really matching the words. Oh well, I get the "band unity" thing so if Joe can't pull it off vocally, I don't mind them faking it for the purposes of looks. It sounded magnificent.
    Interesting. I've always wondered if Joe really sings during some of the more ballady songs or if he just mouths the words because I always found it hard to pick out his voice during certain songs.

Best of My Love
    Don said, “This is a song off of our third album that we wrote with our friend JD Souther.” (I screamed loudly, knowing what was coming up, but I got odd stares from clueless neighboring people). He encouraged us to sing along, just like JD Souther did at his show that I went to back in 2008.

I was so freaking excited. This is what I came for. I adore this song and I've never heard it live. It was fantastic, although I was a little surprised that Don never sang "Every night and day" at the end. The guy behind me did, though! lol! I loved it, of course. I sang along, swayed, and felt all warm inside.

BTW, Michael Thompson used Glenn’s keyboard from "I Can't Tell You Why." I also noticed that Glenn mouthed the words to the verses. Another cute moment: at the part of the song where the "woah, woah, woah, woah"s-are slowed down a bit and kind of syncopated, Don used his finger to indicate the new beat so we could all sing along! Oh my gosh, such a beautiful song.
    My thoughts exactly. I was so happy to see them do this song in Wichita. I never thought i'd see it performed live...ever.

[Band Intros]
    The ovations for the guys were spread pretty evenly here, with everyone jumping up for Tim and staying up. There was a lot of love for all the guys in the room tonight! Tim added to his usual bit introducing Glenn that he was “the man of 1000 jokes” (despite the fact that he only pulls out the same dozen or so lol) and that he was “the one who started this whole thing with Don.”

Joe was walking all around the back and not in the spotlight while Glenn was introducing him, until he finally got in the spotlight when his name was said. After his intro, he bent over and pulled a bunch of Kleenax out of box (he did this in Austin, too). It's kind of random and bizarre, but that's Joe. It's better than him pulling out toilet paper and pretending to be Stevie Nicks like he did back in the early nineties (I kid you not). Everyone was cracking up.
    I wonder which concert he started doing that at. Joe did the Kleenex thing in Wichita too and he had everyone laughing, even all the guys on stage.

Funk 49
    Glenn and Joe didn't do their "guitar duel" bit. Some folks were sitting down for this song, but at this point, Dreamer and I were dancing away. Dreamer had moved out into the aisle and there was lots of room to get down.... so get down I did. I'm not sure if it was during this song, but Glenn flung his arm across his eyes dramatically as Joe's guitar climaxed. They did the usual "freeze frames" at the end of the song. I love that - it looks very cool!
    Darn it!! No guitar duel? I love the guitar duel. Joe and Glenn always seem to have so much fun doing it. I hope they haven't cut it from the show for good.

Take It Easy
    Once again, I have to say I just love how this song makes everybody feel so good. Dreamer and I think it should be placed in the second encore with "Desperado," but no matter where it is, it screams "WE ARE THE EAGLES AND WE HAVE BEEN AWESOME SINCE 1972."
    Soooo True!!!
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

cheryl, glad you had a good time, I looking forward to read your review and to see the photos!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Border Desperado

First of all. I hope to have the pictures ready tomorrow night. The only one I don't have a close up of is Joe (sorry).

The concert was rockin-amazing-awesome-fantastic-superb and more. I was in floor sec 2,row d, seats 13/14 left side by Timothy. Seeing them that close was even better than I imagined. This was my 2nd concert in 5 days. They had more energy in Indianapolis but this was pretty close.

GETTING THERE

My sister (Kay) and I went together. It was her 1st EAGLES concert; my 3rd. However, we both saw Don's solo show in Chicago last year which was also fantastic.
    It took a little over 3hrs to get from my sister's house in Dayton,Ohio. We parked a block and then got a bite to eat. There we met a couple from the "Netherlands". Said they were visiting friends in Dallas and decided to drive 15 hours here to see the concert. EAGLES FANS are a hearty bunch.

On friday we made plans to meet Soda and Dreamer. Reached Kay and decided to meet at the arena. They were already inside by the time we got back to the arena. They told me where they were and I said we were in line now; just watch for me wearing my Don Henley 2009 tour shirt. There they were waving to us. After we'd talked a few it seemed like we we had always known each other. As Nancy said "Birds of a Feather". We walked around a little then headed to our seats and hoping to meet up afterwards.
    My sister and I got to our seats. Got a chance to talk to Rick and his wife Janet for a few minutes.

SETTING THE STAGE

I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this before but watching the crew set up the overhead lighting system is both fascinating and scary. They ( at least 8 men ) have to climb up a swinging rope ladder and then walk a catwalk to a seat where they operate the lights. They put a spotlight on the last one up;he got a huge reception from the crowd.
    I almost forgot;laying on my seat was a free cd of JD and the Straight Shot. (just what I wanted-not).

CONCERT PART I

As the arena darkened I was wondering which side will it be. Then ,here they are coming right at us.

SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD

The lights came up as they sang the first note. They were all looking SO GOOD and SO CLOSE. Don looked especially HOT. I think I like the beard also. Later my sister and I thought Tim looked thin and tired.
    Vocals were so beautiful. Hearing this in person is wonderful even if it is the shorter version.

HOW LONG

The best part of this song is Glenn and Don get solo time.

HOTEL CALIFORNIA

As stated in another post this is my second favorite Eagles song. The start with the trumpet solo and then Glenn and Steuart -gives you the chills. Now that Don is standing out front singing this and so close to me-aaaah-what else can I say. Joe and Steuart at the end -perfection.

PEACEFUL EASY FEELING

Love it when Glenn gets to sing since he has so few solo numbers in the setlist.

I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY

My favorite song of Tim's. So beautiful. Added bonus is Glenn sitting right in front of me at the keyboards. Priceless.

WITCHY WOMAN

I liked Don's intro from the other night when he said "that's witchy with a w". All he said tonight is "it's Halloween and then started the song. I agree with Nancy; Don's vocal was very HOT. His voice on the high notes-perfect. Glenn's guitar part is also HOT. So glad they still do this song since it is my 3rd favorite song.

LYIN' EYES

When Glenn said you could sing along it sounded like everyone was. Like Don's harmony on this too.
    Noticed Glenn and the others sometimes sing with their eyes closed. I don't know how they can stand the bright lights.

BOYS OF SUMMER

EVERYONE loves this song. Funny near the end when Glenn and Steuart are bending down and Glenn's guitar comes unplugged and them laughing and still trying to finish the song.

IN THE CITY

Joe's guitar playing is always great. On this song I've always liked the background vocals.

THE LONG RUN

I love this song. I too liked Don telling the audience that he knew how to say Louisville and then smiled. Don still goes over to Joe with the "candle" line and to Glenn with "bent" line.

INTERMISSION

I saw Kay and Nancy talking to Rick and I waved. Luckily we all got to see each other after the show and chat a little.
    I knew they were getting ready for the new songs. This is also where they will sing Best of My Love.

CONCERT PART II

NO MORE WALKS IN THE WOOD/WAITING IN THE WEEDS

The vocals were so superb. Where I sat the videos were hard to see;sometimes too much light.

NO MORE CLOUDY DAYS

Another one of Glenn's that I love. In Indianapolis they did the track # and disc # bit but one time Glenn said disc and pointed to his neck.

LOVE WILL KEEP US ALIVE

I remember Tim mentioning the packed house. ( Last tuesday in Indianapolis there were empty seats in the upper section).

BEST OF MY LOVE

Aaaah-the song we have all been waiting to hear live. My sister, Kay, said this is one of her favorite moments. Me too. Don once said he thought in the original version he sang it to whiney and not soulful enough. Not tonight. His vocal was beautiful. I still miss the "every night and day line".

TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT

Always a crowd pleaser. Great sing-a-long song. Seemed like the crowd wouldn't stop cheering. The guys were moved by the reaction.

LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN

When Glenn said before singing "Limit" they were going to do one more slow song I thought they won't be singing "Eden". But then the opening started. I had forget Don sang this standing up now. I told my sister this song is more powerful live with the visuals. It is so haunting, especially the last part. She said this was another hi-lite for her.

WALK AWAY

Always rocks. You never know when Joe is going to end this song.

ONE OF THESE NIGHTS

MY FAVORITE. Don's vocal HOT and SEXY and when he hits the high notes-Whew. Like the way Glenn sings along.

BAND INTROS

I'ts nice when they single out the rest of the guys. They were not introduced when I saw them in 2009. As usual, Don gets the biggest cheers. Glenn always says Don is the greatest singer and songwriter he has ever known and friend since 1971.

LIFE'S BEEN GOOD

I like Joe's and Glenn's routine and joking about how Joe used to be. Still one of my favorite song's from Joe.

DIRTY LAUNDRY

Didn't watch much of the video. I wanted to watch Don more. Also, this time the other three were in front of me. Great fun.

FUNK #49

I too missed Glenn and Joe doing their guitar duel but the song rocked anyway. Glad they still do the freeze frame poses.

HEARTACHE TONIGHT

Always loved Glenn's opening guitar intro on this ( wonder if it is part of another song;if so I wish I knew what is was) and they only do the intro live. Then you hear those familiar notes and everyone goes wild-cool.

LIFE IN THE FAST LANE

The opening guitar riff always gets the crowd going. I personally like the ending with Tim,Glenn,and now Don holding the guitar neck up and bending backward with the music. This is neat.

ENCORE I

At this point we are hoping for four more songs but afraid we will get only 3.

TAKE IT EASY

When you hear this you know the night is coming to an end. You never want it to end. I have always thought this should be the last song.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN WAY

I have heard this in every show I have been to. Last year I was in part of the helmet cam.

At this point I figured they were getting ready for the last song. But they left the stage. This means we will probably get two more songs. Could it be I might get to heart "All She Want's To Do Is Dance"? Surely Don won't sing the last two songs.

ENCORE II

BOY WAS I SURPRISED!

Glenn comes out and heads to the back right corner to the keyboards. That is when I knew we were going to get "Dance". I turned to my sister and said get ready.

ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS DANCE

This is the song that always seems to get cut. Not tonight. Don come's out to center stage and the song starts. We are so happy. Finally get to see Glenn dance (from the overhead screen). I managed to get some video of this. You can not sit still with this song. This was a real hi-lite for us.

DESPERADO

Time for the last song. Don's voice is still going strong. Beautiful. Managed to get part of this on video. Sadly this is it for now.
    Great night. Awesome vocals from everyone. Crowd super.
    Then they say goodbye to all of us. It is great how they make sure they cover the entire stage. I missed seeing Glenn and Don hugging. Someone was in my way.

POST CONCERT

Rick and Janet came by to say goodbye. We gave it 2 thumbs up. Then they headed home.
    Then Nancy and Kay found us. As we were talking a man,who was sitting in front of me, came over and said "I saw you singing along and you know all the words to every song". I told him all 4 of us know the words to every song.
    We then headed upstairs. We said our goodbyes and hugged went on our way.
    It was fun meeting all the "borders" this week;Cathy,Rick,Nancy and Kay. Hopefully we can do this again sometime "SOMEWHERE OUT ON THAT HORIZON".

WHAT A WONDERFUL NIGHT.

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Fabulous review Cheryl - Thank You

As usual, can't wait for the pics!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Aww, what a nice review! Hope to see your pics soon!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thank you for your review, cheryl!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Wonderful review Cheryl!! So glad it was such a fun evening and hope your sister enjoyed it also. Can not wait to see those pictures. You describe them as "close up" and you were sitting in front of Timothy....need I say more!
    He sings it high, he plays it low