Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Expando"

Default Celebration of "Expando"

Happy Birthday Expando!

Expando was released a year ago today.

This is a great album. I'll be listening to it throughout the day.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Default Re: Celebration of "Expando"

Thanks for the reminder whitcap - i'm putting it on right now!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

It's amazing to think it's been a year already! I'll be listening to it after work today for sure!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It's been a busy week this week but I did stop and think about all this on Monday because it had been exactly a year since I saw Timothy in Chicago and met so many other Borders and like minded people. Good times!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

See, this is why I love it here. I would never have remembered that on my own!

When I listen to Expando I feel proud for Timothy. I know it sounds weird but I feel like he finally got it right and just did what he wanted to do, critics be damned! It's a great album to listen to with lots of different styles of music. My favorite is still Friday Night.

And I believe it was on Oct. 18 that Soda, TBF and I went to see Timothy in Chicago. I remember that we were hoping that they would be selling the CD there even though it hadn't been released yet. Well, it wasn't there and we had to go find it just like everybody else. I remember that some people on here were having a hard time finding it, but I found it on my first trip to Best Buy. Plus I won a copy playing the first Eagles Trivia game on here, which I gave to my brother, who later told me how much he liked it. Share the love, that's what I say! If you haven't bought an extra copy to give to a friend or family member I suggest that you do!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Happy Birthday Expando! PM- I feel the same way. This album really shows off his true talent. I absolutely love this album, and will be listening to my two favorites today-Parachute and One More Mile

I love the album!
    I remember I had, of course, pre-ordered the album and I should get it to the release day,but it could not be delivered, no idea why,all the same!
    I have read all the reviews and could hardly expect to hear it, finally.After 3 long weeks, of waiting, it was so far, the wait was worth it, I liked the album from the first note!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I really love it, too! And thanks for reminding me about it being 1 year! I'd have never thought of it either!

Kudos to Timothy for doing what he loves and not staying in a mold of the same old thing!

I think my favorite song now is Secular Praise. Awesomely beautiful! Gives me goosebumps!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Ooh, me too Brooke! Love me some Secular Praise!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Ah yes... I remember going to Best Buy and having them search the area, no luck. Target, database search of the area, no luck. Called one of the last remaining "record stores"... they had it! Jumped into my car and took the 45 min trip at 8:30 at night to get my hands on it! I had the biggest smile on my face the whole ride home. I couldn't wait to each song and savor it. The concert the week earlier seemed to have flown by... and I wanted to each song in my nice closed environment (car) blasting down the expressway. Ah... good night! I mentioned elsewhere, my phone broke on the way home, but I really didn't care. I was so excited to have Expando. To hold it, touch it, read it, listen to it.