Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
That's true. I can't know how he feels. I was simply speculating. That's why I said "I don't think he's ever come to terms with what happened" - the words "I don't think" were meant to indicate that it was only my opinion.

Quite understandable. However, if you read autobiographies, you will find that actually it is quite common for people to include horrible episodes from their past in them, and to share how they dealt with those traumas.

That said, I do not expect Don Henley to do so. I think - though of course I have no way of knowing - he might feel the same way you do about it.
I understand what the words "I don't think" mean. I just wondered why you would think that, given that we know nothing about his feelings. I'm sorry. I'm really not trying to be difficult, but I (obviously) have a problem with people ascribing feelings/motivations to people we don't know personally at all. Hence, my comments on the Cindy Frey lawsuit thread. I have nothing against Cindy at all. I just have no way of knowing what her motivations are, other than wanting to believe they're coming from a good place. Anyway, that's off topic.

I agree that authors, especially celebrities, often discuss traumatic experiences from their past when writing their autobiographies. It certainly helps sell their books! Given the fact that Don's never spoken or written publicly on the matter, and also given the lyrics of Dirty Laundry, my guess is the same as yours -- that he won't address it. But who knows, maybe he'll surprise us all. Sometimes writing about an incident like that can be cathartic. (Although, he can write about it and still not have it published.)

If he doesn't write about it, though, I agree with you that, in order to make the book a success, he'd have to address other things in it that he's so far remained fairly quiet about, such as his relationship with Glenn over the years.

I guess we shall see, if it ever does come to pass!