Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195
Results 1,941 to 1,947 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

That's too bad that Don was cut out. What were those editor's thinking?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I found an old article from that night. I wanted to see who was also there. They cut Don’s, Garth/Trisha’s and Pink’s performances. I think they cut some Dolly’s performance too. It could had been 90 minutes.

I’m so sorry about misinformation. The way the article was saying, his and Vince’s performance was going to be shown.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Wow what a let down. I agree dreamer what were they thinking?? Not your fault shun, what can ya do!

Don will induct and pay tribute to Trisha Yearwood at this year’s Austin City Limits Hall of Fame. She will inducted along with singer the late John Prine. The induction will be October 26th on PBS but won’t air until January 2024.

https://acltv.com/2023/09/18/acl-ann...UDuPf9pM7EEea8

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for posting that. "The Immediate Family" is an interesting band name, isn't it? The vocal actually reminds me a bit of Joe.
    They were recording and performing up in Canada during the COVID shutdown. I think the group came from the Monsters as they were called who did a lot of studio work in the 60's -70's and session work too.

I saw this on JD Souther’s story reel on Facebook. Don, Trisha, JD, and others will be part of a tribute to Leonard Cohen on April 26th at the Kennedy Center. Tickets go on sale this Friday.

Too bad I’m in that area next month. I’m heading to Baltimore for a conference and I want to visit the Kennedy Center and other places in Washington DC since it’s only an hour away from Baltimore.

https://www.kennedy-center.org/nso/h...b0JkojmkhNCBRk

Don appears on Austin City Limits Hall of Fame to honor Trisha Yearwood; sing "Walkaway Joe".
    https://people.com/trisha-yearwood-d...te-you-8603374
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."