Page 194 of 195 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195 LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Thanks for posting. Don does look good! I prefer the all natural too. I think Don and Paul McCartney both should’ve embraced the grey sooner. Both had that weird orangy tinge going on at times or just plain off. They both look way better now, imho.
    I think Don looks good too. And, I agree - he always seemed to have the orange tinted hair. He looks good with the grey hair and, about ten years younger without the beard. I never cared for the beard and always thought it made him look older. Looking forward the the R&RHF show !

Don looks very sharp. Good to see him again!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but in case you didn’t see...I thought this was pretty cool. Waddy, Danny Kortchmar, Russ Kunkel, LeLand Sklar and Steve Postell re-did Don’s “New York Minute”. Check it out, of course it’s missing Don’s finesse but still cool to see the guys! It was funny I looked QUICK at Kortchmar and for a split second I thought it was Felder! I was like wait what? But there wasn’t a scarf so..I mean duh! Stupid me ha ha. Anyways here’s the article, nice backstory and such. and video is in there too. https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/t...eo-don-henley/

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but in case you didn’t see...I thought this was pretty cool. Waddy, Danny Kortchmar, Russ Kunkel, LeLand Sklar and Steve Postell re-did Don’s “New York Minute”. Check it out, of course it’s missing Don’s finesse but still cool to see the guys! It was funny I looked QUICK at Kortchmar and for a split second I thought it was Felder! I was like wait what? But there wasn’t a scarf so..I mean duh! Stupid me ha ha. Anyways here’s the article, nice backstory and such. and video is in there too. https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/t...eo-don-henley/
    Thanks for posting that. "The Immediate Family" is an interesting band name, isn't it? The vocal actually reminds me a bit of Joe.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree that the vocals are somewhat 'Joe-like'.

I like the version a lot. But, of course, not as much as the original.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I just got this email. If you have Netflix, they will be premiere Dolly’s MusiCares gala from 2019 on April 7th.

This includes Don and Vince singing Eagle When She Flies. Linda will be a guest too.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...p8iZlwsISSHEQI

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thanks once again Shun! Sweet!

I'll be recording it. Thanks, shun!

Waddy and Glenn:
    both left handed but play right handed
    both played in backup bands for Linda
    both used to play at the Troubadour
    both played in bands with Joe Walsh

Don’t waste your time watching Dolly’s MusiCares special (unless you want too). They cut it way down to 55 minutes and Don is not in there.

Linda does appearance at the end with Emmylou Harris.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-07-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley