Page 183 of 195 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Glad that Don was invited to honor Dolly and congrats to her on this well-deserved honor.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

As we were discussing the odd pairing of Don and Guns N Roses, I found this article on how Don was asked to fill in at the AMAs.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-henley-guns-n-roses/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    As we were discussing the odd pairing of Don and Guns N Roses, I found this article on how Don was asked to fill in at the AMAs.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-henley-guns-n-roses/
    Thanks for that article. I didn't realize he knew about it that far ahead of time. I somehow had the idea they'd asked him that night! This is less dramatic, but makes more sense lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I thought the same too. A day of the show or a couple of days. So Steve had been in rehab for months when the show happened.

Axl could had asked anyone to fill in, but it is a great honor for Don. Something he probably would never do and I don't think he has ever done it again.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Fleetwood Mac News Facebook Page are saying Don might be there at Steve's R&R HoF induction tomorrow night to sing Leather and Lace with her. I guess we will see.

https://www.facebook.com/FleetwoodMa...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARDxzHwgBkFwfmJFhzWPWA2o4Inv06f2vq9r8mA7FkSnqk SJOIu_XTJqvjihAme8cBA4tLxjV8eOSrRWzDudWD3edrWJ07jQ bcSdMmqktEC6H3T66ME89Uw4VbRXaf4CncHsL3Pty0jDMSGMhW Gq_vrcBEjI0TNI9o_epZ25Vvi-CdRpgJiXNKkUGa3T0RgHEcfLzvYK6oDBC0AE0ypIcwZHdaF9Kq g2vMsR5pXMP7YOp2ntRuT9WEwV4uhSp8tlG7lxFbf6phWUaNGR cvw4DtrudqCXUIBjjQbjPpmylHmINIX4vO0A1wzAF1SP2BO9Yr DYNMJBUN0ebQHc_IB1aXiYCQ
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-29-2019 at 11:27 AM.

That would be exciting - and would certainly guarantee more viewers!

Don Henley was singing with her at soundcheck. Looks like he's a sure thing!

Cool. I had a feeling he might be there even though Harry Styles was going to inducted her. I had changed the wording in my original post because I didn't know if it was true or not, but it looks like its true.

I don't have HBO anymore, but I hope HBO does a free preview weekend the weekend R&R HoF is shown at the end of April. I will look on Youtube, Instagram and Twitter tonight.

He hasn't been at the R&R HoF ceremony since 2013 when he inducted Randy Newman.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the info, shun.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Don will appear in Linda's new documentary, The Sound Of My Voice. I wonder when its coming out.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...e-documentary/