Page 188 of 195 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I think what songs should have been left off of The Long Run would make for interesting debate.

Personally, I think taking Those Shoes off would be sacrilege. If VOL is underrated, then Those Shoes is criminally underrated.

Those Shoes has become one of my favorite Eagles songs and was my favorite that I heard on the HOTE tour. Hearing that song open with the talkboxes was the highlight of the night.

Hi Austin - Hope you are feeling better! Well, the three song I can't stand and in MHO are the worst they ever did are Disco Strangler, Teenage Jail and GDWNF. If they had not been so exhausted and burned out, those songs would never have made that album. HT, ICTYW, TLR, The Sad Cafe and The KIng of Hollywood are great songs. Those Shoes is ok to me but, I have never seen them do it in concert. Austin I'm happy for you that you were able to see them play it. I do think the talk box is pretty cool.

Im; with you on the three low points, NKIT. As for "Those Shoes," for me, it's a highlight of the album. I love that song! I also really enjoy "Victim of Love."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ok. Don “might” pop up or be mention on Kenny Rogers Biography which airs on the A&E channel. The episode airs on April 13th. Just a heads up. I think at 8:00pm Central Time.

We have our own story to tell about Mr. Rogers. It’s an anecdote about fate and how a chance meeting on McKinney Avenue in Dallas helped craft the career of a future superstar whose band, the Eagles, recorded what still remains the No. 1-selling album in music history.

The year was 1968.

Shopping for bell-bottoms one afternoon in a trendy boutique, members of the East Texas-bred band Felicity got to meet fellow customer Kenny Rogers, then a Top-40 sensation with the First Edition. Two of the members of Felicity, who grew up in Linden in the Piney Woods, were Richard Bowden and Don Henley. Bowden went on to become a guitarist for, among others, Linda Ronstadt and Dan Fogelberg. And Henley, of course, co-founded the Eagles with Glenn Frey. As members of the Eagles, Henley and Frey were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.
    On that fateful day on McKinney Avenue, Rogers agreed to come hear the band and blessed them with the magic words, “I think I can help you boys out.”

“So he came to Linden and hung out with us for a couple of days,” Bowden said. “He said, ‘Get your stuff together and come to LA. You can stay in my house, go in the studio and cut a single.’ So we did.”

“Jennifer,” the 45 co-written by Don Henley and Jerry Surratt, gave Felicity the feeling that anything was possible. Henley once told us in an interview that the single’s flip side, “Simple Little Down-Home Rock 'n' Roll Love Song For Rosie,” got more airplay than “Jennifer,” though neither made the charts. It merely gave them the feeling that life was headed one way only — up.

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-ente...-kenny-rogers/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks Shun! I always liked Kenny Rogers! Will have to check that out!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'll be watching. Thanks for the scoop Shun!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks so much for letting us know, shun.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Wow - interesting. I will have to check my cable guide to see if I get the Bio channel. If so I will watch it. thanks Shun for the heads up.

I apologize if this has been posted before or even if general knowledge and i've been under some rock, but UCR posts an article about Heart regarding the Mutt Lange song "All I want to do is make love to you". It says it was originally offered to Don Henley? I never heard this before, I tried to search the border,but couldn't find....according to the timeline, that would be around The Long Run days? I am happy Don turned it down! The song oozes with cheese in my opinion, I can't imagine this being done by Eagles or solo!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/hear...e-love-to-you/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Sad that shun had just posted this info about the Kenny Rogers bio a couple of weeks ago and now Kenny has left us. Looking forward to watching this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Here's an article about Don talking about his mentor. Don saw him 6 weeks ago.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ribute-970907/

RIP Gambler. Thanks for discovering Don and his band and took a chance on them. We would had never gotten the Eagles and Don would had never met Glenn.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley