Page 10 of 195 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Your post about Don and Rupert Murdoch is right on the money, Soda. Some very good points. You are absolutely right about rehab. My eldest son is in rehab now but I don't think it is really working because he doesn't really want to be there. He's simply doing what they want him to do to get himself out of there. You have to want to do it for yourself else it is one huge waste of time and money. My son is in there because, well, we have to do something and this is the 'something' everyone does but until he wants to help himself it isn't going to work.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    There was an article in PARADE magazine in our Sunday paper yesterday about Dana Delaney, one of the newest housewives on Desperate Housewives, and it said that she had dated Don Henley.

My youngest daughter, Christina, and I watch Desperate Housewives together. Some episodes are better than others, and sometimes it is so "desperately shallow" that I vow to stop watching it altogether, but there aren't that many TV shows that my 16-yr-old will watch with her ol' mom, so I hang in there. Anyway, Christina saw that article and said, "Mom! She used to date DON! Can you believe it?" I grinned and said, "So, Don has a thing for brunettes named Dana--only that was the wrong Dana." She said "Mom!" and made a face just like this:

Very good Dana. I watch DH as well. It can be so shallow, but there are so many twists in the story that even missing one episode can throw me off kilter!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

tbsf - I hope your son will decide to get clean sooner rather than later. I totally agree with everything you said. I have a brother who is an alcoholic/addict, and his life has been a very long and sad saga. He is in his 50's now, and has been clean for about 5 years now, which is wonderful. Unfortunately, there has been irreparable damage to his health, and he now has these serious issues to deal with.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I'm so glad your brother got clean (though sorry he now has health problems). I fear we still have a long way to go before our son wakes up to reality (although he keeps assuring us he has ).

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, best of luck with him. I think you are right though - you'll know when he is ready to really change. As you know, dealing with an addict is extremely tough and affects the entire family. I hope all of your family seeks whatever help they need to deal with this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Same from me, TBSF. I've never had an addicted family member so I don't know first hand what you're going through, but I'm sure it's breaking your heart as a loving parent. Here's hoping that this time, he can pull through.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

From today's Tuesday Rock Roundup on tleewaor.blogspot.com:

Instead of announcing a full tour, the Eagles are announcing scattered dates for their outing in support of Long Road Out of Eden. Don Henley tells us, "This summer we're gonna tour every other month, and we'll do that on and off for two years probably because that's how long it will take us to do the globe at that rate."

Oh MAN - check this out! I've heard about politicians lying, but usually they lie about things like tax reform, not about a relationship with Don Henley! Here is an excerpt from the article:

"Questions Arise About Carrollton Mayor's Claims of Singing Career"

Sang backup for Linda Ronstadt and Jackson Browne. Engaged to Eagles singer-songwriter Don Henley. Devastated by a brother's death in Vietnam.

All are part of the colorful past described by Carrollton Mayor Becky Miller, acquaintances say.

But spokesmen for the famous singers said the three don't know her. And the mayor's father said she never had a brother who died in the war.

Mrs. Miller's challenger in Saturday's mayoral election, Ron Branson, first expressed doubts that her brother had died in Vietnam, and checks by The Dallas Morning News also raised questions about her singing career and whether she attended Western Kentucky University.

The mayor, who is seeking a second term, said that the singers are wrong and that she went by another name when she associated with them during the 1970s. She initially declined to give that name but said Monday that most people at the time called her Pinky.
    ---------------------------------

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just read about that, Soda. Talk about delusional!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

What a farce! Delusional fits it perfectly!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten