Page 11 of 195 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

More excerpts from the Houston Chronicle:

CARROLLTON, Texas —

... Miller says she never made some of the claims and attributed other discrepancies to dirty politics by challenger Ron Branson.

Branson said he is most upset by Miller's claim that she had a brother who died in war. Miller's father, Edward Sampson, told the newspaper that his son is alive but never served in the military.

Miller first suggested her 80-year-old father didn't get his facts right and said he suffers from Alzheimer's disease. She later said the man who died was not her biological brother but a "blood brother" was as close to her as a real one. She declined to give his name.
    -----------------------------------
    This woman is NUTS.

Don & Sharon live in Dallas--don't you know they are just thrilled that this crazy woman is making claims about him in the town where they live?

That's right - I had forgotten how close Carrollton is to Dallas. I can't believe that woman's gall!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

'Pinky'....surely she means Elton, not Don.

After all, 'Pinky's as perfect as the 22nd of July' .... oops....

From CountryHound.com:

Don Henley and The Eagles are somewhat new to the Country Music scene, but Don already has noticed some interesting things about it. The music group has made great strides into the world of Country Music, headlining the second annual Stagecoach Festival and performing at the CMT Awards, but Don has seen how he and his band can still get away with more than some of their contemporaries.

“I think people expect us to do what we do, and where other people might not be able to get away with it - like our friends the Dixie Chicks - we get away with it,” he said. “I’ve said some outrageous things about Bush in the press…and nothing has come of it.”

Don also said the reason they get away with it might have something to do with their past.

“I don’t know if people just ignore that part of it because they love the old stuff so much,” he said. “Maybe we’ve just made such a deep inroad into their hearts and minds that they forgive us when we do something that offends them.”

That Carrollton woman is barking mad. Fancy lying about her brother, then trying to wriggle out of it by saying it was a blood brother. I wonder anyone can take anything she says seriously.

I like those comments from Don. Thanks, Df!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    “I don’t know if people just ignore that part of it because they love the old stuff so much,” he said. “Maybe we’ve just made such a deep inroad into their hearts and minds that they forgive us when we do something that offends them.”
    There ya go! I think this is what does it for me.

I even forgive you for that horrible brown plaid shirt that you keep dredging up!

Thanks DF.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    There ya go! I think this is what does it for me.

I even forgive you for that horrible brown plaid shirt that you keep dredging up!
    Well, I don't know if I can go THAT far......

Under the title "Don Henley Eats" from SideDish, a website blog affiliated with restaurants in Dallas reports that Bonnie Raitt and Don Henley are in town to play an event for the 2008 Hilton Focus Service Owners Conference. Apparently, they had dinner at the restaurant, Nana, with some of their crew last night.

The writer then asks but "What is the Hilton Focus Service Owners Conference and how do they afford to pay Bonnie Raitt and Don Henley to play at a conference dinner?"

--------------------------------------------------

Then someone posted this comment:

"The Hilton Focus Service Owners Conference was a symposium targeting the escalting demographic; Baby boom seniors who are highly placed achievers in ‘ongoing rehab maintenence’ due to ‘wanton drug use in their youth’. Raitt and Henley were recommended by the Carrollton Mayor who “slept with one and sang with the other”.

LOL - that guy's comment had me going for a bit!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Excerpt of an article about Don and the craft of songwriting:

Renowned Heartbreakers Drummer Stan Lynch Becomes Top Songwriter & Producer
    By Jayne Moore, www.songwriteruniverse.com 06/13/08

--------------------------------------

This quote is priceless:

"He once said to me that a song has to work from the waist down and from the neck up."

So THAT'S why I always love Don's songs!