Page 129 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's an article on Don's hometown. Don is mention in the article.

They are talking about tearing down the water tower or presevre it. Don is stepping in to fund the study.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/29803951/w...r-should-it-go
    I took a few photos of the water tower when Soda and I were there last December. It is definitely very visible in "downtown" Linden. I love hearing how Don still supports his hometown. What a sweetheart, so generous!
    And I am happy to hear about the bed & breakfast. Sounds like another trip needs to be planned when the Henley room is finished. I would love to go in the spring when the wildflowers are blooming.

I'm thinking about visiting Linden in October when I go on vacation. I'm taking an out of the way trip to Linden and then head to Missouri. Linden is only 4 and a half hours away from me. Heading to Linden and going another way will add 3 hours to my drive time.

I love the fact that Don loves his hometown and helps out with different things. A lot of stars forget where they come out. When they make it big, they would care less about their hometown.

That will be fun & it should be really nice weather in October shun. Let me know if you have any questions @ Linden. Not that I am an expert but I will be glad to share my experience there. Don't forget to visit the Dairy Queen!

BTW - JD Souther is having a show at the Music City Texas Theater in Linden on Sept. 12th. My best friend's son is getting married that day so I cannot go but I would love to see JD there!

Yes, Linden is a fun stop for Henley fans... the "fertilizer of his genius" as Glenn puts it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    That will be fun & it should be really nice weather in October shun. Let me know if you have any questions @ Linden. Not that I am an expert but I will be glad to share my experience there. Don't forget to visit the Dairy Queen!

BTW - JD Souther is having a show at the Music City Texas Theater in Linden on Sept. 12th. My best friend's son is getting married that day so I cannot go but I would love to see JD there!
    Thanks HB. I will ask. This will probably be the only time I go that way. I know I was told at another board there's nothing there, but I knew that. Its just cool to see where Don came from. I was going to visit Dairy Queen anyway. I forgot what's in Dairy Queen. It was just a line from one of his songs right?

Yeah. I knew JD was coming next month, but I won't be able to make it

I remember reading an interview with Don and he talks about the Dairy Queen and hanging out there with his friends. They would sit on their cars in the parking lot and watch the trucks whiz by wondering where they were going. The Dairy Queen is at the intersection of Hwy 59 and I believe Kildare Rd. I remember Kildare because I loved the tv character Dr. Kildare. And I believe that is the road where Don's high school is located.

Thanks HB. I was goign to see Don's high school, Dairy Queen, the courthouse, Music City Theatre and maybe his grandparents house.

I'm not going to stay too long. I had to be in Missouri before 8:00pm because I have tickets to a show that night. I'm leaving Mississippi my usual, 5:00am and should be in Linden around 9:30am.

Have fun and report back shun!

Banned

"Don Henley to give the keynote at the Americana Music Festival in Nashville"

http://kickincountry.com/wp/don-henl...le-2015-09-04/

I'm perplexed that Don is chatting with peers like Bob Seger and Warren Zanes. Get hold of some instruments and play some music.

Ohh. Did you notice further down that it will be stream live? I'll be watching that on September 17th.

I will remind everybody on the 17th.

http://www.countrymusichalloffame.org.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-05-2015 at 09:19 AM.