Page 135 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

This may have been posted already. Apologies if so. Just a short piece:

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...-a3071691.html

Very true.

SS
    xx
    http://pistoriusontrial.blogspot.co....trial-why.html

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I agree and disagree with Don on that. Yes, there's so much more music available online, and a chunk of it, I won't like. However, there are music sites that give you recommendations based on what you like, last fm and Rate Your Music for examples. You scrobble(their term) music on last fm (Spotify, Itunes, Last fm itself etc) It creates a library of your scrobbled tracks, and gives you recs based on the genres you listen to. (Country, blues rock, thrash metal etc). With, Rate Your Music(RYM), you rate the music you listen to, from 0.5 stars (horrible) to 5.0 stars (top shelf). Like last fm, RYM gives you recs based on your ratings. I love both sites, and use them several times a week. (Think I've said this before)

I personally like looking for "new" music online. (New meaning new to me). I've discovered many amazing artists because of that, and I really haven't found any "bad" music. Radio nowadays doesn't cut it. Most of the songs I hear on the stations I listen to are ones that I've known for awhile. Most magazines are available to read online. Apart from word of mouth, which still works, using the Internet to find new music is the only platform that is worthwhile, imo.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Here's an article from the Tennesseean. Some of the special guest could be at the Nashville show which I'm not surprise.

“I imagine that several of the folks who played and sang on the album will be in attendance, so that will add a little extra pressure, as well. But, all things considered, we are looking forward to playing the new material in the town where most of it was recorded (and some of it written).”
    I did some research on who could be there. Everybody (mostly everybody who had a duet with Don) has a show on the 17th, but the only person who can't make it is Vince Gill. He'll be in Indiana on the 18th.

So Martina, Merle, Trisha, Jamey, and Miranda could be there that night. I couldn't find any dates for Dolly. Now the question is who will show up.

It makes me even more excited about going! I can't wait!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Don was at a fundraiser this past Saturday. There's a photo of Don with the president of USC, but I can't find it.

http://hauteliving.com/2015/10/usc-n...r-gala/589443/

How nice of Don to help raise money for the fight against cancer.
    -Kim-

City Of Linden had a meeting on the 13th to talk about whether to take down the water tower or keep it. Well. This decided to keep it. So the water tower will be there for a very long time. Don is mention briefly. I know Don is happy about this.

http://lindenheritage.org/?p=377&utm...edium=facebook

For Farm Aid's 30th anniversary this year, Billboard talked to some of Willie Nelson's friends and asked them to talk abour him. Don was of the people interviewed.

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/144035
    -Kim-

I did not know that Don played in the inaugural Farm Aid concert - too cool!

Jack Johnson's new song about Willie made me laugh. I guess Willie really does have an unusual effect on people sometimes.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Yes, NOLA. He sang The Boys Of Summer, Sunset Grill and A Month Of Sundays. All three are on YouTube, but some reason, you can't hear The Boys Of Summer that well. Its not muted, but the volume is bad.

He was also at Farm Aid in 1990, his last time. He sang The End OF The Innocence and The Heart Of The Matter.