Page 136 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Thank you so much, Shun! Loved the videos, and OMG, Don in long hair and a black leather motorcycle jacket in 1990!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I didn't know about him playing there either until I read the article. I'll be searching for the videos on youtube in a little bit.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Here's an article that came out the same day as ACL.

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/67070/

I posted this in the CC thread, but since it talks about more than just Cass County, I thought that I would post it here as well.

http://www.countylinemagazine.com/No...o-Cass-County/
    -Kim-

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I posted this in the CC thread, but since it talks about more than just Cass County, I thought that I would post it here as well.

http://www.countylinemagazine.com/No...o-Cass-County/
    This is a terrific article - very well written and no sensationalism! Not a lot new learned apart from the fact that Don likes to cook - is there anything this man can't do???

I was also reading an article from the December issue (I know, it's not even November!) of Uncutand Don mentions that between 1978 and 2008 he donated $680,000 dollars to the Democratic party but never again. I also read somewhere else that he's not even going to support Hilary Clinton which is strange given the fact he's such good friends with Bill. But he reckons she's got too much baggage. Anyway, I thought all the info made his lyrics in No, thank you all the more pertinent...

....like a drunkard in the night,
    swinging left and swinging right,
    Republican or Democrat,
    well I ain't got no love for none of the above,
    I've been there, done that...

I'm sure the Democrats will miss him whatever about the Republicans!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    This is a terrific article - very well written and no sensationalism! Not a lot new learned apart from the fact that Don likes to cook - is there anything this man can't do???
    I had a feeling that he liked to cook, because somewhere, floating around on the 'net, is Don's famous Texas chili recipe accompanied by an older photo of him sitting on a stovetop.

Yes, you read that right, sitting on top of an oven, but I'd forgive him for it!

Great article, AG! UTW also posted it in the "Future Eagles Projects" thread, so it has good exposure on this board.
    Last edited by NOLA; 10-29-2015 at 12:14 PM.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Border Troubadour

Yes, I did know about the chili recipe but thought that might have been a 'once-off' and I remember the pose on the cooker but this article revealed that Don does all the grocery shopping when he's at home and cooks - so he's obviously more than a 'chili' man - lol.

(unfortunately I'd have to decline Don's chili as I suffer from acute acid reflux, but I might accept anything else he has to offer )
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    I had a feeling that he liked to cook, because somewhere, floating around on the 'net, is Don's famous Texas chili recipe accompanied by an older photo of him sitting on a stovetop.

Yes, you read that right, sitting on top of an oven, but I'd forgive him for it!

Great article, AG! UTW also posted it in the "Future Eagles Projects" thread, so it has good exposure on this board.
    I didn't see that UTW had posted it in that thread until a little while ago. While the article doesn't contain much new info, it's one of the best ones I've read in a while.

I'm tempted to look for that photo of Don on the stove. I would have to pass on the chili as well. Not only do I have acid reflux(GERD), but I don't like chili at all.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border

Here's the recipe and photo. Who else would include a lecture about misnaming with a food recipe? (He also wouldn't be impressed by the chili con carne I cooked tonight!)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Here's the recipe and photo. Who else would include a lecture about misnaming with a food recipe? (He also wouldn't be impressed by the chili con carne I cooked tonight!)
    Thanks UTW. He wouldn't be impressed with my mom's chili either. (She wants beans in it.) Leave it to Don to include a lecture. . My uncle might like this recipe, especially the beer! Lol.

I at that photo of Don. "Mr. Cool and hot at the same time".
    -Kim-