Page 137 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Thanks, UTW, for posting it. When the weather turns colder, I'll give his recipe a try. For me, a hot bowl of spicy chili is comfort food in the wintertime.

Anyway, it's cool that Don makes his own groceries. I can just picture him wandering the aisles while he's pushing a cart, like an "ordinary average guy."
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...x-theatre-show

Don threw a guy out for yelling "Don Felder" when introducing Steuart Smith....

I don't support the guy yelling it out. I'd choose a more subtle passive-aggressive approach if I were him - maybe wear a Felder tshirt in the front row/orchestra pit. But really, I agree with his thoughts but he should have known Henley wouldn't have any of it. I would NOT want to be embarrased, no way I'd do that. Perhaps he doesn't know how the guys are about that stuff.

ETA: I have nothing against Steuart Smith and I think it was poor timing to yell it out. Stu is a fine player, even though a lot of us miss Felder. This guy just did it the wrong way at the wrong time.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 11-08-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I can't say I blame Don, especially since the guy was not only disrupting the show, but also being incredibly rude to Steuart. It's kind of like those annoying people who have too much to drink. There's nothing wrong with liking Don F over Steuart, but don't show it in an obnoxious way. Since Don offered the guy a refund(in money and karma), I think it's ok.

I wonder if Glenn has heard about his "birthday gift".

ETA: This was a Henley solo show. Don Felder never played guitar in Don's solo band. Don had no Eagles songs in the set list and hasn't for the entire tour, so how could the guy justify shouting and carrying on about Felder? At an Eagles show or if Don had included some songs that Don F had played on, I could slightly understand point he had to make more. Just a person trying to get his 15 minutes of fame. Don's still probably laughing all the way to bank though .
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 11-09-2015 at 02:55 AM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Poor Steuart. I think he will never ever get out of the shadows of Don F. This will follow him for the rest of his life as long as he in either Don's band or the Eagles. I like Steuart and he's a great guitar player. I feel bad for him. He had to be embarrass and hurt that somebody would do that. Its disrespectful to Steuart and definitely Don when you're yelling out a name that sued you for many years and disrupting his show.

I bet that guy wouldn't say that if he was at an Eagles concert. Oh wait. He probably would. There's bad blood with Don F and that's the one thing you don't ever want to yell out at either Don's or Glenn's show.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-08-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...x-theatre-show

Don threw a guy out for yelling "Don Felder" when introducing Steuart Smith....
    He deserved to be thrown out. How rude and disrespectful to Steuart! Plus, I bet if he hadn't been thrown out he would have continued to be ugly throughout the set. Obnoxious jerks with an agenda aren't satisfied with just one disruption. They don't care they're ruining it for everyone else.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It is rude of him, but i laughed when i read that he yelled "don felder taught tom petty to play guitar!"

Thats just so random its hillarious, especially since that made henley go over the top. Haha

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glad Don gave Glenn a birthday gift. I agree that jerk was rude, disrespectful, and obnoxious and apparently the audience agreed too. I must be getting old, but where are people's manners these days ? ? ?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    ETA: This was a Henley solo show. Don Felder never played guitar in Don's solo band. Don had no Eagles songs in the set list and hasn't for the entire tour, so how could the guy justify shouting and carrying on about Felder?
    And not forgetting that when Henley invited Felder to play guitar on a solo tour, he was turned down, in part.

Kind of interesting for the insight it gives into current feelings towards Felder. They must love that Kennedy Awards petition!

I think it's cool that Don offered to refund the guy's ticket fees, because I imagine that many performers would not be so generous after ejecting someone from a venue. It says a lot about the positive aspects of Don's character, when oftentimes, people prefer to focus on the negativity.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    And not forgetting that when Henley invited Felder to play guitar on a solo tour, he was turned down, in part.

Kind of interesting for the insight it gives into current feelings towards Felder. They must love that Kennedy Awards petition!
    Especially since Don Felder openly endorsed that petition!

My main question with this whole thing is, why go to show, pay money for it, only to cause trouble? I just don't get that, other than doing it just for kicks.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time